Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 19y 6m 18d

Thanks guys

It looks like I'll be stuck with NRMA for the next year and a half... :crybaby:

As CGU said we don't do u25's on these cars and Just Cars was nearly $1000 more (no thanks) and I don't really trust them either...

• Member For: 19y 4m 7d

I'm 22 and pay $700 PA on a rating 2 with CGU insurance. I receive a 25% discount because I work for a financial institution though.... I can pay by the month as well.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 5d
I'm 22 and pay $700 PA on a rating 2 with CGU insurance.  I receive a 25% discount because I work for a financial institution though....  I can pay by the month as well.

ouch, it seems the NSW/ACT guys are getting a new one torn :(

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 5m 17d

XR6T as described in sig. Currently NRMA.

Mods to happen as in sig.

No point in NRMA as you all know.

Shannons won't insure any vehicle used in 'sales'. Emphasis on FULL STOP.

They recommended Just Cars who want a small fortune I.e. $2,432 p/a, in advance, for $48K purchase price with agreed value of $43K today - 2.5 months old so they say they work on depreciated value...err f*ck off....2 years $10K?

41 years old, Sydney, driving since 17, nil accident history, no major fines, no jail stuff and that crap, 2 demerit points about 2+ years back from 2 x 1 point fines for (both) 61 in a 50 zone by an unmarked mobile camera - I mean....not too shabby!?

And that's the quote without 6K improvements inclusive of an engineers certificate!

Annual payments are no good to me: Car allowance from my employer is monthly so it screws with by business expenses cash flow.

Any other suggestions?

:spoton::spoton::spoton::spoton::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members

Shannons, we're for the enthusiast....well except fine print 9,999 types of people we put in a box.

Bad mistake - never f*ck with a salesman who spends his life selling software to........the Automotive & Tyre industry.

I think insurance and some problems I've heard will be a point I raise every day for.....the next decade. :spoton: Been there, done that, it works too. :crybaby:

Yeah, I'm a sore loser. :spoton:

Edited by Power

• Member For: 21y 7m 14d

Hey mate try AAMI insurance they will insure ya. They would insure mine and mine is a modified ute.

Im 25 turning 26, got a quote for about $1,200 that's less than my 'ol EL XR8.

However, after all that had to go with Just Car Insurance because I wanted to include my wife on the policy and she is under 25 which AAMI wont insure otherwise I would have signed up.

My insurance with Just Car Insurance is vertually identical to yours at $2,500 expensive but hey ill be paying it for a couple of years.

Cheers,

Ford Grunt (Ben)

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
Hey mate try AAMI insurance they will insure ya. They would insure mine and mine is a modified ute.

Im 25 turning 26, got a quote for about $1,200 that's less than my 'ol EL XR8.

However, after all that had to go with Just Car Insurance because I wanted to include my wife on the policy and she is under 25 which AAMI wont insure otherwise I would have signed up.

My insurance with Just Car Insurance is vertually identical to yours at $2,500 expensive but hey ill be paying it for a couple of years.

Cheers,

Ford Grunt (Ben)

Question: What mods & how did you describe them?

Edit: Obviously (?) business registered like mine. What work if I may ask? I feel sales was the issue with Shannons as it was made clear business use was NOT! Funny, my car is gargaged in a good area, always in secure parking at my office, and becuase of my line of work the car is always virtually within sight - tyre retailers and wholesalers have parking as do most mechanical outfits. Anyway, I elaborate TOO much - lol. I'm just trying to figure out why sales was such an issue. I feel ver small, booo hoooo, waaaaaaa, sob sob. :spoton:

Edited by Power

• Member For: 21y 7m 14d

im an accountant :spoton: but its not registered for business use.

I told them everything as I wanted the car covered for replacement in an accident. They dont mind how many mods you have just as long as they are street legal.

If you want them insured you need to tell them about them all. My mods are listed in a thread I started here: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17275

Cheers good luck with it.

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
im an accountant  :tease: but its not registered for business use.

I told them everything as I wanted the car covered for replacement in an accident. They dont mind how many mods you have just as long as they are street legal.

If you want them insured you need to tell them about them all. My mods are listed in a thread I started here: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17275

Cheers good luck with it.

Niiiiiiice car.

• Flaccid Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 29d

AAMI have been VERY helpfull, they even offered me a discont to insure my 1976 Daimler V12! DO NOT EVEN BOTHER talking to Swann insurance, theyre F'n criminals!