Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m
Well I have just got off the phone with AAMI and have cancelled my insurance with them (which was about to lapse any day now anyway).

They were very clear that they now allow more than 3 mods, but you must be clear as to what the mods are because they do not allow ALL types of mods.

I had a great arguement with them about my brake upgrade because they thought it could not be covered, but straightened that out. Then it came to the intercooler. AAMI will not cover any car with intercooler modifications. Id say this extends to any air intake mods although youd need to clarify with them.

In short if you are insured with them I would be very clear about what mods you have and make them note it on the policy and ask them to send you a new copy.

Seriously though, did they give a list of what type of mods are covered and what is not? Or, do you have to tell them what the mod is and then they decide whether they will allow it?

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 21y 2m 28d
Hey ButtF@ck l'm not gonna sit here and argue with you........l was there at the time when they looked over my car. :ermm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know what your problem is but it obviously stops you from conducting yourself in a manner that is anything other than stupid.

I posted my comments on my experience, not yours. Learn the difference. You have every right to post yours in response but you dont have to insult others.

Engage your brain and It might occur to you that AAMI employees have no idea what their policy is hence the conflicting reports...

Are you like 5 years old or something? Theres no way a 38 year old can behave like this unless its your IQ and not your age.

If I had a dollar for every one of you people id be rich

Mods, clean this up please :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Making friends again I see :spit:

Mods clean this up please :ermm::ermm: Haaaaahaaaa

AAMI $900

CYA JEFF :o

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 21y 2m 28d
Well I have just got off the phone with AAMI and have cancelled my insurance with them (which was about to lapse any day now anyway).

They were very clear that they now allow more than 3 mods, but you must be clear as to what the mods are because they do not allow ALL types of mods.

Dont tell me PINEAPPLE'S are considered a mod :lol: :lol:

No warranty and no insurance your on fire :ermm:

CYA JEFF :spit:

PS:Just having a bit of fun

• In Your Face
  • Member For: 21y 6m 11d
Hey ButtF@ck l'm not gonna sit here and argue with you........l was there at the time when they looked over my car. :ermm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know what your problem is but it obviously stops you from conducting yourself in a manner that is anything other than stupid.

I posted my comments on my experience, not yours. Learn the difference. You have every right to post yours in response but you dont have to insult others.

Engage your brain and It might occur to you that AAMI employees have no idea what their policy is hence the conflicting reports...

Are you like 5 years old or something? Theres no way a 38 year old can behave like this unless its your IQ and not your age.

If I had a dollar for every one of you people id be rich

Mods, clean this up please :spit:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Making friends again I see :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When hell freezes over :ermm:

• In Your Face
  • Member For: 21y 6m 11d

Dont tell me PINEAPPLE'S are considered a mod :lol: :lol:

No warranty and no insurance your on fire :spit:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:ermm: :ermm:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 24d
Seriously though, did they give a list of what type of mods are covered and what is not? Or, do you have to tell them what the mod is and then they decide whether they will allow it?

Yes. I spent 10 minutes arguing with them that my increase braking power should be a BENEFIT for insurance purposes... :spoton:

I was happy to walk away from it because they gave me total lack of confidence in their knowledge on what mod is what. IMO its highly likely that you could have an accident with AAMI and they would refuse your claim because they simply change their mind about what mods are ok and what are not. If you are with them you NEED to get everything in writing...

Making friends again I see 

Mods clean this up please  Haaaaahaaaa

Haha. With friends like you and blown who would need enemies... :blush:

Dont see your insurance doing you much good Jeff. Its only a matter of time before you blow up your current car like you did your last. What's it with the edit now, 30PSI@ 240rwkw :sleepystuff:

Guest jteale
  • Guests

Trying to bring some sanity here ... I was also told by AAMI that more than 3 modifications to your car is considered too many (this was just last week) ... they even included 2nd CAI, larger than 8" rims, etc ... maybe whoever you speak to has a different story ... this wouldn't surprise me ... so am sticking with NRMA at the moment :sleepystuff:

Not trying to fuel a fire, just stating the facts as I have been informed by AAMI.

FYI... my wife worked for Insurance Investigators contracted by AAMI to regularly investigate car insurance claims to specifically knock back claims, their premiums are low as they spend by far the most (in NSW) on such practices ... just some food for thought :spoton:

Cheers, Jason.

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 7m 19d
I'm 26, AAMI will not insure you if you are under 30 and have a MKll, I own a MKl and you have to be over 25, go figure,  I pay $998 with a higher Excess with AAMI.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Um that's rubbish, I have been insured with AAMI since I was 28 with mods $800 odd per year on my T in Melbourne.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ummm no its not.

They wont touch me either, cause im under 30.

It changes from state to state.

But in the ACT, if you own a T, and are under 30, they wont touch you. :crybaby:

• fordxr5turbodotcom
  • Member For: 20y 11m 9d

Insurance companies can lick my ass and suck on my balls! :crybaby:

Worse bunch of gits than bed salesmen! :lol:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 24d
Trying to bring some sanity here ... I was also told by AAMI that more than 3 modifications to your car is considered too many (this was just last week) ... they even included 2nd CAI, larger than 8" rims, etc ... maybe whoever you speak to has a different story ... this wouldn't surprise me ... so am sticking with NRMA at the moment :blink:

Not surprised about this at all. It seems they have no idea at all. The woman I spoke to kept putting me on hold to talk to the supervisor for 5mins at a time. Then they stated they wouldnt cover intercooler mods but couldnt give a specific reason why... :w00t2: