Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 18d
Save yourself some $$ and switch to AAMI I went from $1050 with RACV to $650 with AAMI however now I have a $1000 excess. (I don't intend to prang it!)

what did aami say about the aps phase two kit??? thought they only allowed 3 mods??

surely you would just list it as the APS phase 2 kit - that's only one mod as far as they are concerned and you havent told any porkies.

I had a general chat with AAMI who I have been insured with for a number of years and as long as the mods were listed it didnt give them any great concerns. Also from memory, I think they may have recently removed the 3 mods limit anyway (might depend on age).

no that's not just one mod..... remember the exhaust, the unichip the cai, the injectors etc... they are all seperate mods to an insurance company. Doesnt mean crap if you purchase them as a kit.

AAMi are the underwriters for just car insurance.... it would not make any sense for them to allow unlimited mods when they underwrite JCI... Happy to be proven wrong though... and if that is the case, I would definately change from JCI to aami :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 18d
Save yourself some $$ and switch to AAMI I went from $1050 with RACV to $650 with AAMI however now I have a $1000 excess. (I don't intend to prang it!)

what did aami say about the aps phase two kit??? thought they only allowed 3 mods??

????

• Member For: 20y 2m 19d
no that's not just one mod..... remember the exhaust, the unichip the cai, the injectors etc... they are all seperate mods to an insurance company. Doesnt mean crap if you purchase them as a kit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know of a major claim too that was denied because the assessor spotted a modification that was not advised. Goodbye insurance hello $$$

• Gold Platinum Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 24d

Well good news if you can call it that,

Shannons will not accept me im too young.

just cars will insure me for a bit over $2000 a year with a ecu, exhaust, injectors, air flow mods.

Is that what you other under 25s are paying?

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 21y 2m 13d
Im 22 years old

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Insurance = legalised discrimination. <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blue,

sorry mate, I disagree with you. Insurance companies are businesses run for profit, they arent stupid, they have clearly done the sums and worked out that 22yos with turbos arent worth insuring at a price that the kid is likely to buy into.

They are rational profit pursuers dude, they know how to make mo-nay.

• Member For: 20y 2m 16d

If I may add, my father was in the insurance game for years, they have these discriminations against ages groups based on STATISTICS, and the fact that a 20 year old is more likely to crash and write off $45000, so if I were an insurance manager I would tend to agree, I am 25 and still have a lead foot, I know exactly how us young guys preach we aren't like that but, that would be a load of sh*t, otherwise you would ahve got a BARINA, Hyundai Excel or something tiny............ Know what I mean. And Turbodewd is right they need to make money to satisfy their shareholders.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 26d

But wouldn’t the fact that it is based on a stereotype make it discrimination?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not having a go just pointing out a commercial flaw that everyone has been sucked into.

For example if an insurance company were to structure their premiums based on "statistics" of a given race (as in skin colour) then wouldn't that be plastered across the front page of a newspaper as discrimination?

Trent.

Edited by tab

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 21y 2m 13d

tab,

you raise an interesting point.

I think age cant be disputed, but race could be - that's the difference. I mean what if youre 3/4 anglo and 1/4 vietnamese. Or you could be 7/8ths aboriginal and 1/8th dutch. You could even be 3/16ths Bulgarian, 1/16th Irish and 9/16ths Maori, how would AAMI or NRMA know how to classify you? :spoton: