Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 18d
Hello,

Arg im in distress mode :S

I was all keen after going for a ride in BJ's T to get phase 1.5 aka injectors + unichip and I phoned my insurance RACV and the lady had no idea. I said I wanted to replace injectors and add a piggyback ecu. She couldnt find it on 'the list' and asked her managers and they said no to these engine modifications.

Surley its only fuel injectors and ecu for fuel efficiancy. Not major mods. Anyway what do I do? What did all you phase 1.5 guys do?

Thanks  :spoton:

I just changed form swann to just car insurance..... agreed value and unlimited mods allowed...at $1200 it does cost me a little more then swann... but the unlimited mods option swayed me their way.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 7m 13d

Save yourself some $$ and switch to AAMI I went from $1050 with RACV to $650 with AAMI however now I have a $1000 excess. (I don't intend to prang it!)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 18d
Save yourself some $$ and switch to AAMI I went from $1050 with RACV to $650 with AAMI however now I have a $1000 excess. (I don't intend to prang it!)

what did aami say about the aps phase two kit??? thought they only allowed 3 mods??

• Member For: 20y 10m 18d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what did aami say about the aps phase two kit??? thought they only allowed 3 mods??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

surely you would just list it as the APS phase 2 kit - that's only one mod as far as they are concerned and you havent told any porkies.

I had a general chat with AAMI who I have been insured with for a number of years and as long as the mods were listed it didnt give them any great concerns. Also from memory, I think they may have recently removed the 3 mods limit anyway (might depend on age).

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 8d
That's suprising Rob.  Mine is a daily driver, that's what I told 'em too.  Only condition is that no-one under 25 drives it, and I have to tell them if I go over 600HP.  I am rating 1 as well.

Very interesting. I am 28 (was 27 at the time of organising insurance with the Phase 2 kit) and also have a rating 1.

Ahh well, doesn't matter now. I think I have a pretty good deal now anyway.

• Gold Platinum Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 24d

I assume when you guy say AAMI you mean justcarinsurance (related in some way to AAMI). AAMI web site refused me insurance and refered me to http://www.justcarinsurance.com.au/

The quote from justcarinsurance is coming.

Shannons Wont insure me I tried their site. Im 22 years old never had so much as a speeding fine!

• The Best Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 10d
Im 22 years old

And you've got a turbo. Not many insurance companies will want to know you. The people going through AAMI would be older than you.

Insurance = legalised discrimination. :spoton:

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 6m 25d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No one intends to prang their cars, if they did it would be called a purpose instead of an accident. :spoton:

Dazza.