Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 14y 11m 22d

I would steer clear of Shannon's now days. Taken over by Suncorp and I'm still dealing with the wrath of the change. Not at fault claim with the at fault party identified and no issues on that side. Shannon's though offer you choice of repairer, but they don't tell you the Suncorp assessment company they use absolutely gut your choice of repairers quote so much that it almost forces you to move to a cheaper shop! 

Trying to change assessor but I can't get onto any form of manager/anyone who gives a stuff so now it's going to be a third party recovery that my repairer is taking on so he can do the job to the standard both he and I expect. Once the car is repaired I'm off to famous insurance. So many bad reviews for Shannon's since Suncorp took over. Apparently quite a few of the car enthusiasts working for Shannon's have gone to famous.

also be aware that Shannon's don't have a hire car option for accidents....at all. Even if your not at fault and therefore legally entitled to one. They don't care one bit!  Famous do have this option.

Gone are the days you ring Shannon's and get through through to someone quickly and chat about all things cars for 15 minutes before you get to the point of the call. Now it's 20+ minute wait and numerous times I've had real difficulty understanding the person...

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 22d

18 hours ago, petchyboy said:

also be aware that Shannon's don't have a hire car option for accidents....at all. Even if your not at fault and therefore legally entitled to one. They don't care one bit!  Famous do have this option.

Interesting you mention this - I found there are companies that will front you a hire car in the event of a not at fault accident. They deal with the person at fault/their insurer.

Even if you're legally entitled to one, in a case where my old BA got reversed into, I would have had to fork out a heap of money (cause of my age at the time) and ended up without a car for two weeks, wishing I knew about those hire car companies. You're entitled to the car, as long as you pay for it all then they determine if it's 'reasonable'.

That's where I'm at now, 2k out of pocket for a hire car that may or may not get remimbersed after the jobs done...and that was only for the first 3 weeks! Up to 9wks so far another month to go before I get it back.....

• 5 months later...
  • To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 20d

Rac decided that after round 2 of mods, that they would no longer insure me.

I thought I better call shanons as I doubt anyone would insure me.

They quoted me below 1K and that is including all mods.

• Like 3

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 7d

I always found SGIO to be pretty chill about mods. I didn't even need to list them on my policy, just an agreed value. Were reasonable on price too.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

SGIO didn't want to know about me after the first round of mods, hence why I went with RAC.

Now with the second round of Mods, RAC don't like me no more because toooo much killer wasps apparently.

I gotta hire an exterminator.

• Like 1

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

it's all good. the problem will be when it gets to crunch time and a claim needs to be made, how much patience will I have to deal with them.

How many others on here have tried just car?