Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 20d

That's right, AAMI have increased the premium. The excess is $1200 regardless and the agreed value is shocking. They would not give me more than 23k.

Rac to the rescue. Agreed value of 28k and that is with the mods listed. Excess of $400 and the premium was $888.

Might have to give NRMA a call next year and see how much they want.

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 11y 2m 15d

sh*t I pay 145 a month and Shannons set my agreed value to 22k. last yea was 30k. still haven't called yet to change that bullsh*t sum. anyway a crash, 2 speeding fines and a DUI might have something to do with it.

• Member For: 10y 3m 24d

That's right, AAMI have increased the premium. The excess is $1200 regardless and the agreed value is shocking. They would not give me more than 23k.

Rac to the rescue. Agreed value of 28k and that is with the mods listed. Excess of $400 and the premium was $888.

Might have to give NRMA a call next year and see how much they want.

Do they have a vehicle excess? hence the $1200?

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 12y 5m 16d

I might have to start looking around because this is a joke now

I tried progressive and it was 1500 with an agreed value of 14k... for an fg turbo

• Member For: 10y 3m 24d

bizkets when was your last at fault claim? SGIC dont charge an extra premium for license disqualification, it will just be $1200 special excess if it was in the last 2 years.

What year is your FG matty?

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 12y 5m 16d

08 g6et

150000kms

My area isn't the greatest but considering I only paid 870 early this year with a higher insured value.

Because insurance companies

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 20d

Do they have a vehicle excess? hence the $1200?

The $1200 excess would be the price I would have to pay(If I went with aami), If I am involved in an accident and have to pay that amount to collect the car.

I had an accident earlier on this year or last year, I cant remember when now and I was not at fault. someone wanted to be in my lane and just shoved me over.

I was not at fault and why should I be penalised for that?

Anyways I am not sure what you mean by vehicle excess. I got an insurance premium of $888 from RAC because they stuffed up. The first quote I got from them was $888.

When I called them up a week later, they could not find that quote and started a new quote. While I told them about the mods again, they said that they had to speak to their assessor department first, that quote came out at $980.

I told them I was not interested as Shannon's was cheaper. I did not tell them that Shannon's agreed value was only 24k.

RAC called me back 5 minutes later and said that they found the previous quote and that they would honour the $888 even though they did not speak to their assessor(they did not have it in their notes).

I told them that was BS as I had to hold for like 10 minutes while they spoke to the assessors. The reason I said this was because their first quote $888 had my mods listed in their system which they told me about when they called back.

Anyways, I paid the $888 for an agreed value of 28k. If I am involved in an accident, I have hire car as well and will only have to pay $400 excess.

I get windshield replacements as well.

• 2 weeks later...