Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 14d

With who Dubs? ^^

Damo, what about the excess? I worked out that if my 1200 was taken back down to 450, the premium would be approx 107% MORE than what it is now.........me thinks they're gunna loose a lot of customers

--------

I just noticed that one of the ads - at the top of the /forum page - is for iSelect.

Without reading the code for that page I'm not sure if they actually sponsor the site (buy advertising) or if it's part of Google AdSense but either way when your on that page and the ad is there, give it a click and check them out...They are a broker but as part of their discloser, they play a mp3 file explaining how they get paid before they give you the quote.. Good idea I reckon.

• Member For: 11y 9m 8d

my excess is the same as other years ben, I asked about it and increasing my excess by $200 only made the premium $50 cheaper,not worth it I reckon. I tried iselect and found it to be basicly useless.I have some minor cosmetic legal mods. after filling out the online details form they couldnt match me with anyone? you are better off speaking directly with insurance companies. what really sh*ts me is all the companies in australia are basicly owned by 2 or 3 companies (underwriters) eg: suncorp (dearest) owns aami (cheapest),aami underwrites justcars (legalised robbery).suncorp are one of the dearest nearly as bad as shannons who are under written by AAI (one of the other parent companies) your screwed no matter who you end up with.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 9m 4d

With shannons mate. And I told a fib, its actually $15000 agreed value. Still, im pretty happy with that.

Edited by D DUB

• Member For: 10y 7m 26d

Damo have u had a call to comminsure to see what they will do? If you have some products with cba I could have a look and see if I can chuck some discounts on and do up a quote but I'd need your details to pull up your profile.. let me know if you want me to see what I can do. We are not underwritten by anyone we are apart of cba..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 7m 25d

Just took up the Coles/Flybuys $100 price guarantee on my insurance renewal.

Bought my premium down from $555 to $455 - too easy.

No probs with them adding LPG and "Performance Chip" to the policy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 3d

Did they let their customers know in writing or just BANG ! done?