Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 2m 7d

just went to do my 2003 xr6 turbo. Its in amazing nick, 165k, leather trim etc , sunroof big brakes, stock. last time I had it for 14k a year or so ago but had it off the road. now online is telling me max I can insure it for is 8300!!?? Is that so, should I accept? :P

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 14y 1m 8d

2006 SY11 territory turbo, $530, 2010 FG 50th anniversary , thinks its $700.00 with mods .

41 male and 40 female..

AAMI

Edited by rab

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 24d

RACV Insurance provided me with a agreed value of $80+K on the batmobile on purchase .. I 've just received the renewal - and found that the agreed value of $80+ k has been dropped to $59+K ............I called the underwriting department and stated , you could not replace the car at $59k , and asked how they came to that figure ? - They stated it was provided by a Ford Authority ???.

The underwriting department stated I was very lucky to have a agreed value of $59+ k , has the value is general is in the field of $44k - $50k for 2012 RSPEC - in reply I stated , I would buy as many RSPEC as they could get their hands on , if they were available at $44k - Knobs !!!

Can anyone assist with what they 've done to lift to the agreed value on their vehicle .. What insurer ?, and what has been provided to lift the agreed value ?

Many thanks in advance :giverose:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 24d

RACV underwriting department called and confirmed that they 've reviewed by proposal , and 've confirmed that they would lift the agreed value to $71,000 - better ! ..Should I still be looking else where to improve on that value ?

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 16d

Just bought a G6E turbo 32 years old Adelaide here my insurance quote from today Rating 1

Quote from Shannons $820 no mods $980 with mods Insured for $25000

(Didn't like t&c's eg. this is not your main car, no more than 4 traffic offense in 5 years I can't even remember what I've had)

Quote from WFI no mods $730 Insured for $27000

AAMI 1135 no mods but a 1250 excess!! insured for 23350

Edited by Boostn

• Member For: 10y 7m 26d

I am 26 years old live in brisbane and rating 1 I pay $75 per month with comminsure (commonwealth banks insurance) as long as you are over 25 they are good as they do put restrictions on it but for the cheaper policy I'm happy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 13d

^^^ $900 per year.

There sure are some huge differences in prices around the country depending on your age and location.

#1806 above

When I bought my G6, I got onto the Insurance section of the Credit Union that I belong to for a quote and after 30 seconds, I hung up.

When I told her what type of car it is, the first thing she said was "there will be a $2000 excess if it's stolen".

No thanks..........Bye Bye