Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 25d

Yeh that's a fairly high excess to pay. Think when I did an online quote and changed the excess to lower the bill, it was only a few hundred it moved. Lowest down to $900 iirc

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 1m 16d

This sounds like good advice. But caveat emptir as always.

I'd like to start up a register of caveat emptor advisors. People in the know so to speak. Like I know alot about Telstra and Optus mobile Internet stuff :thumpsup:

Hey guys,

One thing most people don't consider, is the process of a particular insurer, when it comes to claim time.

I was a insurance fraud investigator for several years, and have conducted numerous investigations for motor vehicle theft and collisions for all the big name companies.

AAMI (my current insurer) was actually cheaper than anyone, even with some mild mods. However I KNOW that if I damage my car and no other vehicles are involved, or it is stolen - an investigation will be conducted and this process is not fun with AAMI. Same goes for Just Car.

Conversely, with Shannons, they were actually more expensive, but I know that they are a lot easier to deal with when it comes claim time. Especially if you have some serious, perhaps even illegal mods.

My recommendation is to pay a little more and go with Shannons. I'm only with AAMI as I hold multiple, varied policies AND I know exactly what needs to be done should I need to make a serious claim.

Food for thought.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 16d

I wont have that problem as my body shop is AAMI prefered repairer has been for years....but good info for those that arent sure where they stand on this sort of stuff good post!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 4m 7d

I work for an insurer and have worked for a motor vehicle insurer for the past 7 years, so if you guys have any questions feel free to ask. With regard to paying less for annual paid insurance, its generally 10%, also you will save about 10% if you purchase your insurance online instead of calling them.

Be careful when going for cheaper insurers, some of them will pretty much auction off the repairs to your vehicle to the cheapest repairer, and always go for an agreed value, that way there can be no arguments if your car gets written off.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 2d

The best quote I have is from NRMA at $1,340 for a 20 yo Male owning and driving a 2012 G6E Turbo. I've never had an accident or claim and my no claim discount is as high as I can get for my age (40% I think).

I think that's a reasonably good price.

• Member For: 12y 9m 4d

The best quote I have is from NRMA at $1,340 for a 20 yo Male owning and driving a 2012 G6E Turbo. I've never had an accident or claim and my no claim discount is as high as I can get for my age (40% I think).

I think that's a reasonably good price.

Do NSW have any power restrictions concerning under 21's?

• 2 months later...