Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 2d

Got my renewal the other day from AAMI, up from $870 to $1020 even with all the platinum safe driver discount bullsh*t.

Did a few online quotes with AAMI, RACQ, Suncorp and they were all at least $1300 for the same cover with all the 'free' options included in the current policy like windscreen replacement and comprehensive hire car. Called them up and asked what was going on, reckon it's because of all the increased claims this year across the board, but discounted it by another 8% just because I'm such a top bloke.

Still pissed off it's gone up so much but still seem to be getting a good deal.

...then organised a free windscreen replacement before the policy rolls-over tomorrow. Happy days :mexicanwave:

• Member For: 13y 1m 3d

We get smashed in Sydney...34 y/o max no claim, suburb been Guildford seems to be a problem with the insures. This is for a new FG F6, I compared it to the XR6 T and was about $100 cheaper for the XR6 T

$4800 Allianz

$5600 GIO

$2250 NRMA

Got a quote same car at my brothers address in Adelaide for $950

DAM!

yea I been looking at insurance for a 2011 F6 (+3rd party $4500.00 stereo system) in carrum downs

25y/o male, rating 1, no claim, no suspensions etc.

approx prices from memory:

Allianz $2400

AAMI $1400

Just car $1800

GIO $ Cant insure...my sound system is excessive...

Coles: $2000.00

shannons $1800 or so too I think.

I think ill be going with AAMI again, I got her to quote with a boatload of mods on it too, jacked it upto $2400, but no problems with the mods or the amount.

• Member For: 12y 10m 21d

Call your insurance broker and ask for a quote from Zurich.

They dont deal direct , only through brokers.

Id be suprised if you pay more the $1000 with excess free windscreen and hire vehicle extension.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 28d

Okay, am I missing something? I am 37 and I just picked up a 2011 XR6t yesterday. I contacted AAMI by phone while at the dealer and advised I got the manual with the luxury pack. Came to an agreed value that would cover everything and it is $490. Should I be concerned?

Edited by masda74

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 29d

As long as its all noted on the policy you will be fine. Happy days at $490

The thing I don't get is they say my suburb is high risk but whenever I'm home it's in a locked garage attached to the house.

• Like 1

• Member For: 13y 8m 9d

So if I live in a low risk area but go to a high risk area for work or visiting family & friends where my car is on the street, I pay a lot less for insurance. :crazystuff: I can never work out insurance companies.

• 2 weeks later...