Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 9m 29d

Geewhiz, great choice.

When I rang Shannons previously they were excellent also, would simply depend on which person you deal with - it is a call centre after all.....just hope I don't get that clown down the track! ha ha :censored:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 5d

I am 32, no accident history and live in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne, and the quotes I have got so far are:

CGU: $1516

Youi: $9467

AAMI: $1157

That was with a lowered G6ET 50th. How are you guys getting under $1000? I'd like to know your secrets!! Ditch the online quote and call instead? Or do they use the same forms and just enter it all in themselves?

• Member For: 20y 2m 1d

I was insured with the NRMA for over ten years with no problem and when I bought my FG XRT they wanted over $2k and I still had my VX LS1 Calais still insured with them for $1k. I didn't want to spend over $3G on insurance so I rang Shannons. They don't just insure anyone, you have to prove you are a "motoring enthusiast" which I did and they were more then happy to insure both my cars for $1500 which I jumped at.

Within a month of having the turbo, a lady ran into it so it needed to be repaired, one call to Shannons andy car was fixed in a week at my choice of repairer. Easy as.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 15d

I'm with AAMI as well, used to be with Just Car back in the day. 23yo, rating 1 and driving a '10 FPV GS and paying $1100 comprehensive with windscreen. Not too sure about whether my suburb would be considered low risk but I've always been happy with their service and pricing.

Howsee

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 30d

Im 21 and have full comp with aami. It cost me $800 a year for a 07 bf mk2 xr6t and a excess of $400.

Also. I had a crash a couple of years back. It wasnt my fault but they told me if it does get repaired instead of written off, If I know someone I can get them to do the work.

Also even if you don't get a choice of repairer they all have warranty and that's what its for.

They have done nothing but been helpful for me. Also aami put me through some driving defense course and took another 10% off a year. Mind you the course was nothing special. It was just learning the difference from braking hard between 40 kays and then 50 kays. Just stuff like that.... No drifting :( haha

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m

Do all you guys have fairly stock cars?

21 and full comp for $800 is fuggin good.. im 27 with decent mods and I cant get lower than $1400. If I increase my excess to $1600 my premium would be around $1000 but f*ck that..

Edited by MiKa

• Member For: 13y 3m 24d

To the guys who are with RACV..

I took out a policy with them 3 days ago for my BF Xr6T I just purchased, I'm 21 never had an accident no claims anything and I'm paying 1300 which I can deal with. The only question I have is the lady I was dealing with said about mods as long as they are ok with Vicroads then I don't have to let RACV know about them? can anyone shed light on this as the lady had no idea obviously.

Cheers

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 9m 29d

Benny, I would be a little concerned about that. I would ring back, the other insurance companies much prefer the mods to be listed so its "full disclosure" (nothing to do with Vicroads?) - and there is no point paying the $1300 a year to then find out you aren't covered come accident time...... :bangcomputer:

Mika - a modded car is always hard to insure.....however I agree, $800 for full comp is amazingly good! I couldn't even get near that last year being 29 with the older BA...