Standard Fg F6 Hard Driving Fuel Consumption Figures

mickq

• Member For: 16y 4m 9d
The reason I need to know is that I will be moving from 'endless' fuel to having to factor in an annual amount of fuel per year.

That means I need to estimate how much fuel I will go through in an f6.

Just on the side. A mate of mine did what you are thinking of doing. Went from 'endless' fuel to a novated lease on a much nicer car and factored in fuel. He was miles off with the fuel estimate. The fuel costs plus the lease repayments just sucked up his savings. he ended up selling the nicer car after 12 months, and went back to how it was before.

With your calculations, maybe take a worst case figure of approx 30L/ 100km (approx 30% more than the xr6t), and do your sums with a higher than normal price for fuel.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4d

mickq,

I will give you my results...

I am what most people call a thrasher!! Saying this does not mean I always exceed the speed limit - I actually havent had a speeding fine for a long time. But I do love feeling the turbo doing its job on almost every drive I take! I normally use the gas pedal like a digital switch.

My car started off as my fully paid for company car where never gave a crap about fuel cost or tyres and during this period I would get around 16.9 to 18l per hundred.

The car now has over 80,000 on the clock and it is more economical - never exceeds 16l per hundred.

There is a trick to enjoying the power and getting good economy - Thrash it upto the speed limit and then stick it straight into 6th -if it's a manual.

When crusing, I usually take off in second, quickly into 4th and I am in 6th at 60k's an hour. Even doing this, the car has more acceleration that the traffic in front.

The ford 6 chews alot of fuel during warm up. If you do lots of small trips were the engine cools down between them, it will guzzel heaps " This is one of the reasons ford is getting rid of this motor in 2010"

I live in the inner burbs of melbourne so there is not much freeway driving. On occasion that I drive on the freeway, the consumption drops to 14zz.

In summary, If you don't hold the car in low gears for no reson, it will be very economical.

Cheers

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

no, not all of us are being wankers, you asked a question like how long is a piece of string? you are the only one who can really answer your question as you need to look at the rpm range you drive in, gear, how fast you accelerate. we dont know any of this, so we cant really make any statement of fuel figures. best using the figure you already have from the car you have now.

• Member For: 18y 1m
Jeez - a lot of wankers responded to my post. What a pack of d1ckheads.

I notice an interesting trend - most have been on this forum for very little time.

How about this - if you cant contribute something of use to a fair question, then move on to the next thread?

Even got the stereotypical jab at Expensive Daewoo drivers - what a joke! You really need to get a life and learn to be original.

Rprodrive, thanks for your answer.

The reason I need to know is that I will be moving from 'endless' fuel to having to factor in an annual amount of fuel per year.

That means I need to estimate how much fuel I will go through in an f6.

Now given I dont own an F6, but have accurate personal fuel stats on my 2 XR6T's and my SS-V, I provided those stats in the hope that someone could relate that to F6 fuel usage.

Why? Well in the words of someone below, "Dah!" (Oh, and Braniac - its "Duh" not "Dah". Duh....). . Given its just about guaranteed that some FG F6 owners were past VE SS and XR6T owners, and may have had similar SS or XR6T consumptions that I have, then maybe someone can come up with a decent estimate of their fuel consumption when they moved to the F6 that would be close to what I would expect.

All very logical (I didnt think it was rocket science, but it clearly is for some of you), and its PRECISELY why I took the time to ask a VERY SPECIFIC question, not just another "how much fuel do you use mate?" thread which would likely have resulted in an average figure close to the official FPV figure which is NOT of use to me.

Oh, and for those d1ckheads getting all excited about driving on local streets, I dont do much freeway driving. You can drive in a lot of secluded areas and not go on freeways. And fuel use can have a lot to do with what gear and what revs you do - I happen to run high in the revs frequently. Im not the kind of person who changes gear at 2500rpm without good reason.

All but one of you guys are going off without thinking. Try thinking instead of a knee-jerk emotional response sometime.

I have been at this forum for years, and have never seen such a group of idiots respond to a fair and simple question like that. Well done guys. Keep up your excellent contribution of knowledge to the forum.

I only see one wa*ker/dickhead here.

What the hell does time on the forum count for in relation to driving experience?

You are the one who said you drive in a socially unnaceptable manner on local roads (in monst responsible people's eyes, that makes you a wa*ker/dickhead). And as you say, you are the one being the stereotypical Expensive Daewoo driver!

Personally I dont care what you drive, if this is your attitude you don't deserve to be on the road, something you may appreciate if you had a family of your own that had to share the streets with tools like yourself (if you do have a family, then you more of a fool than I thought).

Pull your head in, we all like a good thrash every now and then, but theres times and places, not every time and every place :beerchug:

• Member For: 16y 1m 21d

Hahahaha, this thread is getting deleted.

20+/100 on local streets, not real good figures champ?

How do you plug out 775 posts in 5 hours? Don't you read anyones posts but your own??

Member No.: 954

Time Spent On Forums:0d 5h 41m 54s

• Member For: 16y 1m 21d
That counter was only installed recently...and is far from accurate

Well that makes sense..

Mickq, I average 14.1 / 100 in my F6 and don't drive like a pussy. If you get 20+/100 I don't want to be (or my kids) anywhere near you champ.

I don't think that local streets is what your implying though..

Rob

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 18y 3m 3d

nothing wrong with this question, its a performance car if you dont want to drive it hard spend 10,000 less and buy one without a turbo.

G series would surely use pertty much the same as the ba, maybe a little less so driving it as hard as you do would use between 20-22 I think, I looking at a BF typhoon shortly ill drive that hard, but I doubt ill get it to over 20liters for 100kms. that is insane, mine was at around 15-16 my Ba turbo, and that coped a hiding so much so it went thru 3 turbos.