spooner

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 16y 6m 29d

I noticed a small problem with the cover in the last couple of days, it absolutely pissed down the other day, and then soon after was really hot and inside the tray (under the tonneau) was REALLY REALLY HUMID, and even today there was still moisture on the tops of the sides, I could see this being an issue if it happened a lot (in the tropics maybe) for rust.

well that's all good then, no need to worry anyone, so long as the inside of the tonneau being moist isnt a problem for rot (though I would think they are made from a material that doesnt suffer from it)

• Member For: 16y 3m 7d

I still say they are junk, after 4 months of regular use on and off , the white plastic holding strips have snapped in various places , If its a cold day , no way can you get it to seal 100% about 90, and it comes loose as you drive when the sun comes on it even when youve kept on checking and rechecking.

Bugger shrinks when its cold , and gets loose when warm

As useful as a chinese minibike

ill say it again... I have had none of these problems and I live in canberra, so its seen cold (like 3 at lowest so far) and hot (34 on the trip from melbourne yesterday) and no issues at all with expanding/shrinking or any plastic breaking.

• Member For: 15y 10m 6d

Driving my F6 ute back to Brisbane from Sydney the soft cover came loose at the very back. This was after driving for 6 hours already and whilst sitting on around $1.60. I know it was secured properly when I left and the car was only 3 days old. Its the only issue ive had so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 11m 27d

I have never had any problems and love the new design, my car has hit its other limiter as well without the tarp blowing off, it sounds to me like people arnt clipping them on properly if water can pool, it is also important to put it on in the order front, back then sides so as to pull it taunt before the sides go on, the only problem ive had is the holes for the movable tiedown points allow a lot of dust to enter under the tarp especially on dirt roads but I have since fixed that with some removable rubber gromits from clark rubber.