And Who Said The Ls Series Engines Are Crap.

robbo k

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 13d

The LS3 is cheap at the moment as they have a heap with T56's after they pull them out of the W427.

Apparenlty the W427 comes with a LS3 that is then removed and replaced with the 7lt v8 and the LS3's are sold off cheap.

I guess with enough money and skill you can achieve anything. I do not see a reason except to prove it can be done.

• Member For: 16y 5m 20d
I sell GT500 & Boss engines to guys who build kit cars and even to some kit car suppliers, alot of guys doing the GT40 or cobra kit cars are running Ls1's or LS2 as they have to now meet euro 3 compliancing and a used BF Boss engine is still fetching $7000+. A brand new LS engine is 5-6k and theres so many parts for them its not funny.

and that's y be prob put it in cheap.

the piston slap was worked out n the oil issuse anything from a vx up and it is a fairly light weight engine to

and that's y be prob put it in cheap.

the piston slap was worked out n the oil issuse anything from a vx up and it is a fairly light weight engine to

Cheap, light, easy to find, powerfull stock and very easy to modify. Cam & bolt on VE SS's are making 340rwkw........

• Member For: 16y 20d

obviously hes one of those typical dickhead commo boys that worship the sh*tty ls series but he wanted a car that looked good so he had no other option all I can say is wat a I <3 Bananas waist of a good car !!!!! theres certanly some losers out there

• Member For: 16y 5m 20d
Cheap, light, easy to find, powerfull stock and very easy to modify. Cam & bolt on VE SS's are making 340rwkw........

atleast u know how they go.

obviously hes one of those typical dickhead commo boys that worship the sh*tty ls series but he wanted a car that looked good so he had no other option all I can say is wat a I <3 Bananas waist of a good car !!!!! theres certanly some losers out there

what u say about capri's with big block chevs then??

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 19d

same thing.. why put a chev in a capri, or the old hot rods (20's-40's fords) if you want a chev buy a chevy.. or some other pile of GM crap

• Member For: 17y 8m 13d
I sell GT500 & Boss engines to guys who build kit cars and even to some kit car suppliers, alot of guys doing the GT40 or cobra kit cars are running Ls1's or LS2 as they have to now meet euro 3 compliancing and a used BF Boss engine is still fetching $7000+. A brand new LS engine is 5-6k and theres so many parts for them its not funny.

Agreed price wise, but there is reasons- so many parts available.

So many parts available because the OEM parts are low quality, and fail before they even get to their first service hence the need for so many aftermarket parts.

Euro 3 what a bugger - I wouldn't buy or build a gt40 replica and fit a gm product to it, I would rather look for a early prebuilt car with a Boss engine and then twin turbo it for a easy 1000hp like a lot of yanks have done with the Ford GT.

Backwards alright.

I remember some guy a while back with a 10 second 2.0l turbo mk1 cortina, he went and put a chev big block in it and it went near 1 second slower.

Some people you just cant tell they have to learn by there mistakes.

cant wait till this guy gets nailed by a standard xt falcon or goes broke trying to keep oil up to it.

SIN SIN SIN - Needs to be stoned to death.