And Who Said The Ls Series Engines Are Crap.

robbo k

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Caring Understanding Northern Territorian
  • Member For: 16y 2m 23d
ahhhhhh see that's onesided boys. I think its awsome for someone to modify n fit it in and to get the computer to talk etc etc. I have aseen a commo with a 6t engine in it.

and he wouldnt buy oil they dont use anything.

If anyone else hasnt made a comment on this... if a ls1 isnt chewing oil then its f*cked... Theyre meant to chew through the oil...

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 7m

^except the 6Lt is not an Ls1. I seriously doubt that they're "meant" to chew through oil in any case. Otherwise Expensive Daewoo would not have replaced hundreds of LS1s under warranty, they would have pulled a Ford Service "its meant to do that" line.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 18y 4m 20d
obviously hes one of those typical dickhead commo boys that worship the sh*tty ls series but he wanted a car that looked good so he had no other option all I can say is wat a I <3 Bananas waist of a good car !!!!! theres certanly some losers out there

Mmm...comments like this makes me wonder :(

It seems one thing people keeps on forgetting is that our-oh-so-popular 6 turbos can't rev worth a damn - they are shakers, and yes, turn up the boost, you are still limited by the "narrow" rpm band of these engines - we all take them out (on a private stretch of bitumen) for a quick squirt every so often, and think these engines are God's gift to the internal combustion engine - well, I would luv to see how these wonderful 6'es, turning out 350+rwkw, holds up to that sh*tbox Chevy in the first post, making 350+ rwkw, turbocharded.

It won't, as the V8 engine (and read here V8, not brandname) have a much better inherent balancing, with much lower amplitude harmonics trying to shake the poor thing to bits. You can spread the torque over a much larger rpm-band, leading to all sorts of wonderful positive side-effects.

So, in my opinion, he's doing a good thing, forgetting the badge for a moment, but looking at what he's replacing what with. As long as he does a proper job on the engine internals, and put a little hairdryer, maybe a T60 Turbonetics or something on it, boosting 14-18psi, all our wonderful 6'es can go to bed.

For you that don't know, I have a Falcon MkII company car, and a 370rwkw F6 BF UTE - my last 6 cars were Fords - only difference is, I can appreciate the fact that any one of the relatively current brand of V8's is a much better baseline to start from than our inline 6. So, if you have a issue with a Chevy in a Ford body, that's all cool, but the twaddle about our 6'es being so much better is just twaddle - we don't know what is planned for that engine, what the end-result will be like - to your shock and horror, he may put scat rods and billet crank in it, with enough artificial respiration he might just need an inline 6 to act as a fuel pump :) Wonder how far in his wake he will leave some of us?

Anyway, he's attempting something different, doing it himself, and not riding on the back of someone else's glory - afterall, most of us here with very powerful inline 6 turboed cars have money, that's why where we are where we are, a few out there (and posters in this thread) would actually have done the effort and gone the dyi route.

Nope, I didn't, I took the lazy-way-out, and admittedly so, but, that doesn't give me the right to jump down the character of some other bloke who wants to try something different. There's nothing wrong with giving critisism, and stating whether you like or dislike an effort, but making statements like the above is pretty low-key/downright distasteful.

Somedays it's as bad here as over at LS1, shame on some of you.

And yes, if you feel you have a need to publicly flame me for saying this, rather send me a PM and I will forward you my mobile# so we can talk it out. I'm no keyboard hero, but I will gladly back my comments.

At the end of the day, it's really silly being a fanboy, with nothing but money. I'm not referring to anyone on here, just an observation.

Have a good day, guys, and let's for once look past the brand and appreciate the efforts.

@ the OP: I commend you for having the balls to tackle a project like this, good luck with it, and keep me posted - would like to see the end result.

Edited by MrBean

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 1d

Don't think it's the OP's car m8, and yeh I agree, whats the point in over reacting and flaming someone over their choice, when you wouldn't like it if a Expensive Daewoo fanboy started hitting you up about your car.

• Member For: 18y 4m 20d
Don't think it's the OP's car m8, and yeh I agree, whats the point in over reacting and flaming someone over their choice, when you wouldn't like it if a Expensive Daewoo fanboy started hitting you up about your car

Mmm...in the end, if a Expensive Daewoo fanboy has a better car, he can give me the stick :) The problem I have is that there are just a few guys out there that will have the better car (talking about the same class/level -> not your richkids with Lambos/Ferraris etc), but invariably you find everyone, even the guys with souped-up wheelbarrows, jumps on the bandwagon just to say something.

Something akin to someone jumping in the fire, and eveyone follows. It might be good advice that if we can't say something constructive, maybe we should just learn to keep quiet.

Thanx for the heads-up that the OP is not the owner of the car - my mistake.