First Post And New G6et

Withnail

• Member For: 16y 6d

Hi everyone, well this is my first post (found this forum while doing some research on what car to get) and I thought I would use it to gloat that I have just ordered a G6ET, in Sensation, with the Shadow trim.

Not sure yet how long it will take to arrive. A little while ago during discussions the dealer suggested about 8 weeks but we haven't yet been given an official estimate. Anyway sounds like it will be a nice little Christmas present!

Despite all the gloom merchants around at the moment, I'm convinced that (for features and cost) this is the best car that Australia has ever made and, if I may paraphrase, I just want one!

See you on the road!

If anybody knows someone who wants a 2002 Focus PM me.....

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 5m 23d

welcome mate

that will be a lovely car ,I like the hoon (dirty word) factor a little so I stick with the xr but the g6et is a nice car

• disgruntled member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

hey mate and :innocent: :holiday: :busted1:

post up some pics as soon as u get the car mate, then let the mod bug hit u and then u will be laughing!!

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 25d

Welcome mate, I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the "best" feature packed Falcon as even my old BA had LSD.

But that aside, well done and enjoy.

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 23d

Havn't found a need for the lsd yet it is a luxo barge after all. "Those XR6T hoons are only jealous." Pick up the latest Wheels they do a comparison between the G6ET, the 500 merc and the v8 jag a good read.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 26d

Almost bought that yesterday....lucky I put it down again :blush:

Congrats & welcome Withnail, and like Sly mentioned enjoy your new baby and just ignore us jealous unrefined hoons :spoton:

• Member For: 16y 6d

hehe thanks for all the replies guys. I suppose the "best" car is the one that has everything you want in it, so in that respect it sounds like we all have the best car!

• Member For: 16y 4m 25d

Hi Withnail

I ordered the same thing in Ego - I am expecting delivery 29/10 (I hope). I agree for what you get its a pretty good deal. I was shifting between the XR6t and the XR8 but I also like my luxury bits so in the end it was the G6ET! I looked at upgrading the XR but by the time you get all the bits its cost is similar (yes excluding the LSD!) and when it comes to resale I am not sure if you get the return. if I could afford it would have been the GT-E!!!!

congrats and look forward to some pics - will post some of mine when I get it.

• Member For: 17y 2m 19d

Why would the G6E's have an LSD? fords DSC works by applying the brakes to the wheel that is rotating faster than the rest (amongst other things) So by having an open centre diff and applying brakes to a spinning wheel you are transfering that power to the wheel that is not spinning. these vehicles are designed around DSC that is why they have an open centre diff.

Now by having a LSD and DSC it would be pointless because DSC would detect the spinning wheel before the mechanical LSD can lockup. If the LSD did lock up and the DSC engeged the brakes on a rear wheel it would be like pulling the handbrake because both rear wheels would spin at the same speed. This would stress components and one would assume accelerate failure, If ford chose to void warranty due to fitting an LSD I could understand that.

Possibly not a really good explanation but sit down and have a think about it, it does make sense. Now you will be wondering why the hell does the XR6T have DSC? well I have no idea, I can only assume the the DSC is diffrent between the models or there is scope for it to be diffrent.

Now everyone is confused I'll just say, for DSC to work correctly it must be on an open diff.

2c

Luke