Generic Flash Tune No Good

andyf_1

• Member For: 16y 26d

Hi all

04 F6 typhoon....Got a Flash box... went to friends.... gapped pulgs to 0.8 as per instructions... put on his dyno 220kw....

put 9 boost program on went backwards 160kw ... put factory back on 219kw... ok maybe 9psi tune no good...put 10 psi tune on 180 kw...

friend doesnt have prog for box we just wanted to see what the difference was that's why we put her on the dyno JUST AS WELL HEY!!

it was starting out ok then just dying in its ass... makin boost ok.... tried octane boost .... no difference

any how looks like custom tune no other option....But...(theres always a but) we loaded back the factory tune didnt dyno again on way home all dejected and I realised its not blowing off now... takin till about 3000rpm to start spooling up... and not blowing off at all. Re entered factory tune again still same drove around for 30 min still same.

Any Ideas on what has happened???

Pulled it all apart inspected bits found some pipe work distored from over tightening allowing air leaks reassembled everything ...with care and patientce... now blowing off again but still seems a little down on power eg not breaking loose just before I grab 2nd perhaps it needs time to re learn... but it wont matter cause ill get custom tune soon.

Edited by andyf_1

• Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 24d

umm I never gapped my plugs at all.. thought the phoons had 0.9 gap. yeh that deffinatly sounds like a bad tune.. mine did the complete opposite. it ended up running real lean and boost spiking up to 264rwkw.. nothing beats a custom tune though

I think the BA had a 1.1 gap on the plugs and the BF 0.9

im gonna pull it apart again on the weekend and reset them back to 1.1 until I get the custom tune ... see if that helps to give a bit more back

• Member For: 17y 7m 15d

I got a flash tune from C&V as no tuner where I live, Didn't gap plugs as they are 0.9 already and it has been running sweet as ! Got it dynoed first thing on 8 &10 psi tune and AFR was at 12.5 with great rwkw results.

• Member For: 16y
I think the BA had a 1.1 gap on the plugs and the BF 0.9

im gonna pull it apart again on the weekend and reset them back to 1.1 until I get the custom tune ... see if that helps to give a bit more back

The general rule in gapping plugs is the more boost you plan to run the lower you should gap them,on 10psi .85-.9 should be fine.It sounds like to me when you loaded the 10 psi tune you may of been having a bit of a boost leak from the extra boost & once it had made a boost leak from a clamp or something you might find it is still leaking when you go back to the factory tune,may pay to check all the hose clamps ( especially those springloaded type ones) on the pipe that runs under the battery tray & the intercooler ends. Still Go The Custom however it turns out.Good Luck Anyway.

r u using 98 octane fuel?
if not it will most probably be pinging on boost a nd pulling timing out, could explain the drop

yeah 98 even tried 2 bottles of octane boost incase the knock sensor was kicking in

Just a dodgy generic tune :(