Tuned 311Kwrw

NeedmorePower

• Member For: 16y 9m 16d

if you are runing the plenum you have done the flapper and actuator? Put a 4" dump and cat then a twin 2.5" setup on and you should be pulling 350+rwkw on 13lb of boost.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 9m 28d

thanks for the replies guys yes the exhuast must be a problem.its got the standed dumb pipe. guttedred cat 3.5 in through and the 2 mufflers are 3 inch.

no ive still got the standed actuator. nizpro have not commented about that as the boost comes on good and decent . but yes I need to change that in the future.

ive had this done 3years ago back then we didnt know as much as we all know now, but when I did get the exhuast done from memory I dont think it over boosted, if not at all b4 it got tuned.?

• Legendary member!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 3d

So if im reading this correctly, You had the exhaust done 3 years ago and only got a tune recently?

If that's the case, then that would indicate that gutting your cat or doing whatever you have had done to your exhaust, the flow of your exhaust has not really changed from factory... If there was a difference in flow and less restriction than the stock exhaust system, given a bootful you should overboost.

This would effectively mean that your exhaust (poorly gutted cat or small mufflers) is whats restricting your car from making more power!

Someone correct me if im wrong...

• Member For: 18y 9m 28d

thanks for the replies again guys as im not posting complaints about nizpro as they tried for 2 and half hours on the car, the problem is the car and ill get around this I hope. has any1 been in the same boat as me for example a bad exhuast system or bad mufflers and not producing the proper power the car may have??

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 5d

He's just recently fitted my cooler & (plaz)plenum kit and was in to get it RE- tuned to suit.

The exhaust, due to its age posible has rusted or colapsed mufflers, which would be holding it back alot.

So from all indications its an airflow issue out of the motor, the main pipes look good, 3.5inch, but the muffs look restrictive and old school.

There could be holes in the joins/welds and seams which can have a huge impact on flow.

If it was mine, Id chop out the centre muff and replace the rear for a straight through style muff... hit the dyno and see how it looks.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 9d

Just unbolt the motherf*cker on the first joint after the cat (not sure where that is, hopefully before the first muffler) and throw it on the dyno, then you'll know for sure if it's the exhaust. Doesn't get much more high flow than that, it sounds nice too :).

• Member For: 16y 1m 21d

Your power reading isnt really low mate, but I would think it would be the small dump you are using. I only use a 3" front to back but it must be a good bit of kit as I make a little more than 311rwkw. I also had it tuned by Nizpro, run a Nizpro plenum and AVO cooler which seem to all work well together.