Tasmanian Tuners?

xr0500

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 18d

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody from Tasmania has had their T tuned by Howell Automotive in Moonah?

I went and had a good long chat with Rodney at Howell, he certainly knew his stuff, apparently he works closely with Spiro from Autotech.

He said he would charge me $1200-$1500 for an edit + the flash2, does that sound reasonable?

Just want a second or third opinion??

He said that he had done a couple of typhoons too so if anyone on the forum has any experience with Rodney and Howell id love to hear about it??

If not the only other option is to drive to Melbourne, which I dont really want to do, so.....

Cheers Guys

Edited by xr0500

• 100,000Ks and still going strong.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 6d
If not the only other option is to drive to Melbourne, which I dont really want to do, so.....Cheers Guys<br>

Been there done that, while it was worth the $$ it would be nice to just whip down to Hobart for a tune.

Would be interested to hear any feedback aswell. But as it is next round of mods and tune will be done in Melbourne again.

I think a few guys on australianfordforums have been to him but not sure.

Glen

• Donating Members

Thanks for the reply Glen, dont think ill have much luck finding much put to be honest, im suprised that some one replied so fast as it is, dougb that there are many Tassie members on here.

Oh well spose ill have to save up the cash and head to Melbourne just to be safe, dont want some dud tune from someone that hasnt had much experience with xr6t's... :blink:

• Donating Members

No worries mate. Are you planning on doing any other mods or just looking at a tune for now. Will turn out be an expensive tune if your not doing another mods first if you go to Melbourne.

I installed a bigger cooler and regapped my spark plugs before I went. I'm starting to get some other parts together now ready for another trip next year sometime for round 2. What ever you go with you will be happy with the results you get I'm sure.

P.S

I can point you in the direction of a good great tuner if you do go to Melbourne.

Glen

• Member For: 16y 2m 7d

Im in tassie, however wouldnt take mine there, only on experiences mates have had.

I'll be taking mine to melb sometime next year after I add a few goodies.

• Donating Members

Seems to be a few tassie blokes popping their heads up. Just how many of us are on here.

Glen

• Donating Members

Am going to do the following mods:

1. injectors (DEKA)

2. fuel pump (to be safe, they are only $130)

3. bigger cat (4 or 5 inch)

4. intercooler (rapids v2 or v3 stealth all black piping)

5. and the edit......

Want a safe and easy 300+rwkw :thumbsup:

Got to save up a bit of cash yet and pay some of the car off haha

And yes, HOW MANY TASSIE BOYS DO WE HAVE HERE ON THE FORUM??

Maybe we should find out??

• Donating Members

sounds like a plan with your mods, wishing I did the bigger cat before the tune but next time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 18d

G'day xr0500,

I'm a Tassie boy and recently purchased an 03 turbo. I have had some very similar questions to yourself. If you want more info you can go to my thread under Stoney general tech talk for more info.

I am also trying to get some Tassie T boys organised for a drive weekend up to Strathgordon. Would yourself and any other T owners be interested????

• Donating Members

Hey Stoney,

Good to see that there is another active member in Tasmania....

Im so sick of Tasmanian tuners, I visited one today and told him that I would purchase the Flash Tuner, install my various mods myself (intercooler, intake, cat, fuel pump and injectors to do on the day). He told me that he could only install the generic tunes and couldnt do any custom tunes!!! I felt like punching him in the face when he told me that he has previously installed superchargers on ba XR8's, loaded on the generic tunes and the A/F ratios were out and there was nothing he could do and let the customers drive away with supercharged ticking time bombs!!!!

So needless to say when im ready for my custom tune a will b heading to Melbourne too....id like to know how it all went/cost and where you got it done, once completed??

And I would be very interested in a cruse, im in Hobart....

Maybe we should start a thread??

PM me if you need some more details etc...

xr0500