5th Anniversary Gt

senna_T

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 9d
Bigger, more powerful motors and better suspension doesn't count then?

Oh? What do you know that I don't?

Or maybe you are confused between GTs and GTHOs ???

I can assure you that the original GTs used the same engines and suspensions that were available on the Falcon and Fairlane sedan range of the time. OK, a couple had bonnet scoop/shaker which distinguished them, but the engines/suspensions were available on the entire range. You could even get the Fairlane with 4-speed top loader.

tabbitha> yep, sure do. Oh, BTW did I tell you I've added another to the collection? :smileysex:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 24d
Actually, GT Falcons were just Fairmonts with stripes and stickers. Not much has changed at Ford in the past 40 years.

And a 351 :smileysex:

• Member For: 16y 8m 17d
That's pretty spot on. We had the HOs first release in 69 culminating with the Phase 3 in 71. Then we had to wait 30 years 'till 99 to get the T-Series which also evolved through three series to culminate with the T3, the only true modern day muscle car (from Ford at least). So look ahead to 2029 and we'll see what "muscle" Ford can deliver then.

Very true, and also to iTec's comment - as far as a legend Ford cars go - lets face it, since then, ford have been making them for the last 5 yrs, and a lot of us here drive one: The F6.

This website and such a cult following is testament to that.

So :bowdown:, apart from trying to flog some GT's you cant shift now anyway - why even bother with another trumped up, stickered, optioned, slower (than F6), heavy V8, that anyone can put a set of 6potters on, then option leather and mats, then knock down the driveaway price and still come out in front of your so called "anniversayry special" with money to spare for a decent suspension set up and zorst?

If buyers want the sound of the V8 and a GT, they'd buy one like that already :spoton:

Unless it's truly special (and faster than the F6) the rest is just poppycock.

Edited by F6Rdodg'nroos

• Member For: 21y 2m 16d

Can someone tell me what '5' Anniversay means?

Also, what's so special about 5 years? In automotive terms that's a piss weak excuse for an anniversary.

The car itself looks fine. I agree it would've been nice if it had more power etc but the 20th anniversary HSV wasn't any better... although at least 20 years was a worthwhile anniversary to celebrate.

• Member For: 18y 15d

The problem is, Ford marketing has lost it's way. Instead of seeing an aniversary as a Marketing opprotunity, the see it as an opportunity to try an make a little more money by charging more for stuff all.

If they had any brains, they'd offer some free extras for the same money as a standard car for a limited number of cars. The interest generated would make them more money in additional sales than a more expensive car ever would.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 12d

Well guys it seems that someone from FPV has seen this thread, needless to say they aren't very happy! I've since been asked not to attend the FPV Motorshow display :nutkick:

I'm not to upset that I can't go to the show - its not the end of the world - but I do hope that they actually read all the posts that you made so that FPV can sit down and actually do something that the general public and enthusiasts alike enjoy. Not just a slap together "special". I love FPV and the product they have available, I just want them to make a Special Edition that doesn't end up being a laughing stock. (Especially to the enthusiasts that keep FPV turning)

If Rod Barrett wants to be quoted by saying "I want to make FPV something special", then he needs to put an end to "Sticker Specials". that's my honest opinion.

Edited by senna_T

• Member For: 18y 15d

So, for doing the real world research they should have done, they punnish you because it highlighted their failings.

Good one. At least their head in the sand policy appears to be consistant across the board.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 3d

LOL, that's a JOKE...

At least we know they are reading the thread, which is a good start. If we could get both Ford and FPV to regularly read the forum and take it as advice and honest opinions and not as "look they are talking sh*t about our product", they could learn a lot and we would all benefit, them with more $$$ and us with a better car in our garage and better after sales support.

After all, it's free market research, targeting their existing customers and potential buyers.