FG Xr6 Turbo Or BF Typhoon

commonkiller

• Member For: 17y 6m 22d

Hey guys im thinking about upgrading from my current BA turbo and just wanted to know, what car you think would be a better buy.

They are around the same price and could get a real low km phoon, but from what ive read the Fjs are quicker.

Thanks

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 9d

If you place any credence in the magazine reviews, they tend to rate the FG Xr6T ahead of the BF Phoon. Chassis and handling better than that of the BF FPV. Though the brakes on the BF Phoon would sh*t on the T.

Question is what is better value ? Superceded FPV with a suspension kit and custom tune. or a brand spanker that needs brakes ?

• Member For: 16y 1m 17d

Having owned a Breeze BF II Typhoon I can say it was a top car, though I did have a few little problems with it, mainly cosmetic. I sold it because it was basically my weekend car, and when my wife got a job where she had to drive 150kms daily to get to work and back, she basically inherited my lease car. Taking the Tyhoon to work out here wasn't good for it, the road is rough and it was slowly doing it a bit of harm. So rather than seeing it shaken and bashed to a worthless car, I sold it.

I have, however, just ordered another leasecar, a Nitro FG XR6 Turbo. Having owned a BA XR8 and the typhoon, I personally think that the FG is a superior car to both of these. Ride, handling, interior noise etc etc, are just that much better than the older series. I also think the new turbo is as quick as the bf phoon.

The main thing it comes down to, if you are going to look at both, is do you want the prestige of owning an FPV? If so, go for the Typhoon. However, if it were up to me between a second hand Typhoon which has more than likely been driven pretty hard, compared to a brand new car which is superior to the last model, I would pick the new car. Even if you wanted to change out the brakes and suspension, and do a few other mods to it, I think you would be a lot better off.