Turbo Timer Thread (Merged Topic)

SweetXR

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 22d

That is just for the motor temp, not the turbo.

Letting a motor run for a while after you've caned it allows the motor oil and catridge of the turbo cool down while keeping the turbo lubricated. If the engine is shut off, the oil flow is stopped and the oil that sits in the turbocharger can be carbonised once it gets too hot. The carbon is what destroys bearings and inturn turbos.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

I did say DEFAULT turbo timer. it might not be a timer to keep the motor running to the turbo cools down but the fans do come on to cool the whole motor. in the end you get somewhat of the same result, wouldnt you say?

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 16y 9m 3d

ok I know 99% of people hate turbo timers, but my gf just bought me a Greddy turbo timer and the package arrived WITHOUT a harness. does anyone know what happens now? where can I find one cos theres nothing on ebay for falcons (plenty for ricers though)

• Member For: 16y 9m 3d

Hi Just read the post again, didnt think normda wanted to know if you thought he needed a turbo timer, that's his choice, he wanted to know about fitting one. sorry but the link didnt work try again http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/Needing-Confidence-t59850.html Cheers MD

cheers mate

• Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 6d
:bangcomputer: instead of looking for a loom on ebay, you should of just chucked the timer on there and sold it

• Member For: 15y 11m 20d

Hi Hey Turbo.vixen didnt you read the first line of the post (but my gf just bought me ),not even Houdini could get out of fitting the turbo timer andif normda can get out of it he is a better man than us mere mortals, Cheers MD