Turbo Timer Thread (Merged Topic)

SweetXR

• Sexy Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 9m 19d
just a question, why did you install one on the car I was always under the impression that the cars didn't need one?

I not trying to start any agurement was just looking for an answer, I always thought that cause the imoboliser was on the key it makes it hard to install one of these things?

Aidan, the immobiliser remote wont work when the turbo timer kicks in, you need to lock the doors manually. You cant use the immobiliser remote to pop the boot, unlock\lock anything etc until the car shuts off completely.

Sash, I have exactly the same timer, yeah it does kinda look out of place but I think you'll get used to it there, at least I did anyway! but if you find a better location then let me know, or we can brainstorm together... hmmmm :tonguepoke:

Edited by PURVIE

• Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Cheers PURVIE..

And yeah Aidan like he just said, the only function you lose is the ability to REMOTELY lock your doors on the ute...Use the key, its not that inconvienient.

But you will find with most modern factory central locking units that they wont lock the vehicle while the key is in the ignition and/or engine running. Have tried it on commodores and falcons alike they are all the same. Just put one on a Turbo Ecotec VS 2 days before my T and its the same.

• Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Senna.. Yeah that's what I thought originally too, but the damn girl at Autobarn tried so hard to sell me the silver one, I was too distracted by her breas*s that I listened to what she thought was best.

• Donating doesnt allow you to be an idiot!
  • Member For: 17y 7m 12d

I agree

I think there should be a place for turbo timers in these cars, anybody that drives these cars, especially drive them hard and then get home and turn them straight off deserve to have there turbo completely shat themselves and then have there car implounded for being idiots

No wonder people have to replace turbos all the time, to drive a car like this requires a brain, and some ppl seem to be lacking

:D

• Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 24d

Folk that rock up to the local servo & fill the tank while the turbo timer is still running the engine really need to have a n/a timer fitted to their brainbox.

• F6 Phoon ----- MISH!!
  • Member For: 17y 7m 8d

you know you can fill a car while it still runs. just tap the handle on the metal of the filler and its earthed then u can fill it with no chance of spark.

semis do it everyday

Edited by AGENT ORANGE

• Donating doesnt allow you to be an idiot!
  • Member For: 17y 7m 12d

ok ill keep it civil like it should been from the start :D

Sasha I think to the left of the steering wheel, right of the icc screen on the dash where the starter button is sometimes placed, I think this is the best place for it. Easy access, its out of the way and u can run your wires in behind the traction control/fog light switch :)

I said it before but people were to obsessed with trying to be right instead of listening to people like agent orange who actually know what their talking about