Turbo Timer Thread (Merged Topic)

SweetXR

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 11d

hope ya havent fried something inside the ecu. Should really disconnect the battery anytime you do wiring, saves when accidents happen. It hasnt burnt out one of the wires that you touched part way up or at the ignition barrel has it.

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 13d

if you get it started again and persist on the timer install, I'd be looking at the handbrake wiring. its there so if someone jumps in the car and tries to drive off and drops the handbrake it will shut off. perhaps this is your problem.

I have to agree with not needing the turbo timer. have you heard of the saying "you don't sh*t in your own backyard"? well it means you shouldn't really be boosting up your own street and into your garage. why not just chill out on the accelerator for the last 30 seconds?

• Member For: 13y 7m 8d

I don't do burnouts on my street, and who says every time I stop it's at my house? I won't be installing the turbo timer, I think I've figured out what I need, it's the electronic diagnostic tool thingy that you plug in and find out what's wrong, if not something that resets the ecu or alarm or something, and no I didn't fry any of the wires I touched to the 12v constant, I can't see anything that looks wrong with it at all

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 7d

I have the blitz FATT turbo timer with the self timer, decides on it's own when to switch off. been wired up so I can use lock with the control pad. also have handbrake override. yes I can sit in the car and wait, but so much easier just to pull up and just lock and go. was installed by the guy building my rx3 sabbadin/rank rotary. the harder I drive the longer it takes to shut off. does it all it self.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 22d

I installed one not long ago, just a $100 one from autobarn and got the instructions on how to install off another thread on the forum took me all of 2 hours to do by myself from start to finish and had no dramas at all works perfectly (can even lock with the remote keypad). Now I can just pull up, get out and walk off and that's it. (used to do the whole sitting and waiting but just got bored with that)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 22d

Well this was in a ba/bf and yeah I assume it does cause I can lock it with the keypad and the car keeps on running. Heres a link to the thread and about halfway down; user 'foxtrot' has a set of simple instructions on what to do and I followed them exactly how he explained and it worked perfectly. Just gotta have some patience and you'll be right. Turbo Timer Install Although I did post something at the bottom bout my doors not locking but that was my bloody fault for not realizing a back door wasnt shut properly and it was the fault and once it was closed it all worked :fool:

Edited by sneeze_monkey36

• Member For: 13y 7m 8d

Thanks for all the help and advice guys, Ranger Auto Electrics found both a fuse and a relay that I'd stuffed, meaning that when I was eliminating the fuses and relays singly I wouldn't of found anything that looked out of place. I now have the Turbo timer hooked up with o2 sensor and AF/R, couldn't be happier to be driving my xr6turbo again :)