G6et Test Drive - Beautiful/classy!

Venom XR Turbo

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 17d

Err I'm pretty sure it DOESN'T have base suspension Rick. Check your spec sheet mate.

Also I'm pretty darn sure that while the XR may be 20 years old, I don't reckon they've been putting turbos in them (from the factory at least) until fairly recently - BA onwards? This is my first Ford as I've been a Expensive Daewoo man, but by my count that's less than 10 years.

Why would we want the choice of an engine that is slower and drinks 25% more fuel? For G6ET dollars you can buy an XR8, so that is choice enough in itself.

Last I checked they all came off the same line, so I'm not sure why the the XR interior would have higher fart-resistance.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 16y 3m 27d
Excuse your XR comments mate,not everyone wants a single spinner with the grandad/queen options with base model suspension and interior that is ruined if you fart near the car,the XR6T is the cult car of aussie motoring history and the re-badged fairmont should count itself lucky for having an XR engine as an option,atleast in the XR range you have the choice of a V8,The XR range is respected highly as it has been around for nearly 20 years,most people would ask WTF is a G6ET (pig latin?) if they were to ask what you drive. :w00t2:

Way to go with thread mining.

And not everyone wants a LSD either and the rest of the post I cant be bothered with. Go beat up a LS1 owner or something.

• Member For: 17y 10m 26d
Excuse your XR comments mate,not everyone wants a single spinner with the grandad/queen options with base model suspension and interior that is ruined if you fart near the car,the XR6T is the cult car of aussie motoring history and the re-badged fairmont should count itself lucky for having an XR engine as an option,atleast in the XR range you have the choice of a V8,The XR range is respected highly as it has been around for nearly 20 years,most people would ask WTF is a G6ET (pig latin?) if they were to ask what you drive. :bum:

Some people just have no idea

• Member For: 16y 11m 25d
The XR range is respected highly as it has been around for nearly 20 years,most people would ask WTF is a G6ET (pig latin?) if they were to ask what you drive. :spit:

Real XRs have Tickford wings! :buttonit:

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 27d

While I do love the G6ET's I do wish they came with an LSD standard.. I know it might not appeal to most buyers as they are more of a classy sleeper type car, I will probably eventually buy one and I know occasionally I will want to lose traction in a sideways like manner.. on my private road yada yada..

although that being said I took one for a demo and stomped on it out of the yard and it went nice and sideways very easily

• Member For: 15y 2m 30d

I dont know what the big drama is.

If you want an LSD it will cost you BUGGER all to have one fitted and if you want a REALLY good LSD you will go to a true trac or a KAAZ anyway even if you have an XR6T because the std LSD's wont handle much power for long and they will get very lsippy and single wheel pretty fast once you start to use their LSD abilities at the circuit or drags anyway.

Build a bridge guys and get over it for christs sakes.