Buying A Turbo What Things To Look Out For?

F6RD

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 26d

You should look in the forsale section on here. Few bargains around atm :buttrock:

Yeah I know I should have had a look around a bit more but The car I put a deposit on is an 03 turbo with 89,000 klms unraped. AUTO with sunroof premium sound leather built in sat nav 19" fpv aftermarkets. Im spewin cause I really wanted a manual but have put a deposit on it. Im buying it for $19,500. What do ya reckon?

Edited by F6RD

• Member For: 17y 10m 30d

You should look in the forsale section on here. Few bargains around atm :makedeal:

Yeah I know I should have had a look around a bit more but The car I put a deposit on is an 03 turbo with 89,000 klms unraped. AUTO with sunroof premium sound leather built in sat nav 19" fpv aftermarkets. Im spewin cause I really wanted a manual but have put a deposit on it. Im buying it for $19,500. What do ya reckon?

sounds like a good deal to me mate.

what colour?

dealer or private? - it seems you are able to get better deals from the dealers now as they are going for realistic prices.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 26d

Cheers man yeah I thought it was a decent price, looking around now at what they cost. hopefully it hasnt been thrashed to much. The colour is mercury silver which I really like. My fairmont is mercury silver so im stoked. I bought it from a private seller in NSW. For some reason most cars there are cheaper even when they live so close to the victorian border. Cant wait! just gotta wait for the money to come in and then ill be in turbo heven.

• Member For: 16y 5m 2d

might be an obvious one but check the service history? mine was an 02 model and when I picked it up early this year it still had what looked like a stock fuel filter - certainly not recently changed anyway, although you cant just go pulling this dudes car apart looking for faults! check around the rear wheels for rubber too :/ are the tyres new? are the panels all exactly the same colour? If not it might have been pranged. also when you test drive, get the owner to take you for a spin first, and take note of how he/she drives it. other than that mate just browse the tech forums, should give you a fair idea of what generally goes wrong with em. good luck!