Just Bought Xr6 Turbo 2005 Series 2

dedogman

• Member For: 16y 26d

Hi Guys, I am new to the site but love it already. I have just purchased a XR6 Turbo BA Series 11....absolutely goes great. Because this is my first ever Ford, I was wondering if someone could give me a little advice. 1) I live in Western Sydney.(new to NSW)..can someone advise me of a top mechanic in the area that works on these things 2) Flash Tuners I have read about....are they the go 3) Tyres...I see the DunlopSP9000's 235/45/17 were advised. Would I need to sticl to these or can someone help with an alternative. Thanks in advance and sorry I am so naive....I haven't a clue when it comes to Fords...my mechanic mate hates me now as well!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 20d

welcome to the site!! good choice of car :beerchug: yeh I put in my ford tuner and big big difference. u just need to gap your plugs and put it on the dyno to make sure everything is running sweet or u can go all out and get a custom tune. but best power for money.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 10d

Welcome to the forum mate.

There's a few work shops in West syd, two in Castle Hill but there not advertisers on here so you might want to let your fingers do the walking, so to speak

Or, CVperformance in the Shire, well worth the drive out there.

BTA in Sth west, and Autotech in Granville, Tunehouse in Marrickville... lots of good tune shops to choose from.

Flash tuners are the main choice for tuning... just plug in, flash in tune, and unplug. No wiring or mucking around.

Edited by RAP1D

Thanks guys....is it a matter of purchasing the flash Tuner and taking it to the mechanic or do they have them themselves ? As I saod before, this is my first Ford Turbo and haven't a clue ! It is a basic XR6 T ....I will be towing a bit with it..is there anything that I should get added in general ?

Edited by dedogman

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 21d

:beerchug:

Welcome mate!

CV Performance I recommend and they can sort you out with everything for your needs from servicing to custom work to flash tunes and performance parts.

Tyre wise maybe someone else can help or local tyre shop would be your best bet.

You can buy tuners with generic tunes but your best bet is to buy one from a tuner of your choice and get a custom tune done, I dont recommend using the generic tunes, some people have bad stories some have good stories but dont run the risk mate!

Edited by Ryan

• Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 20d
Thanks guys....is it a matter of purchasing the flash Tuner and taking it to the mechanic or do they have them themselves ? As I saod before, this is my first Ford Turbo and haven't a clue !

I got my tuner off the group buys in the forum.. its best way to get it that bit cheaper! if u go to a tuner/dyno place they will stock them. but unsure if they wud come with generic tunes. best bet is to talk to one of the sites sponsers or go directly to a tuner in person.

Thanks everyone for your help...another thing ....is towing a pretty heavy trailer likely to cause any problems ? App. 1200 kg. Would there be a need to adapt anything with the car to make it suitable or is it a big no-no with a Turbo XR6BA 11. Thanks again to all for your help.

Edited by dedogman

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 11d
There's a few work shops in West syd, two in Castle Hill

And there is a reason I drive an hour to the Shire for my tuning and servicing requirements when I live 1 minute away from Castle Hill. Nuff said

• Member For: 17y 10m 30d
Thanks everyone for your help...another thing ....is towing a pretty heavy trailer likely to cause any problems ? App. 1200 kg. Would there be a need to adapt anything with the car to make it suitable or is it a big no-no with a Turbo XR6BA 11. Thanks again to all for your help.

is it the 6speed manual or the 4speed auto?

if its the auto I suggest getting a good trans cooler

if its manual it should be fine but may need a better clutch