Repair Issues

sparksy

• Member For: 18y 6m 29d

So I had my BF F6 in for a service the other week at my local ford dealer. They managed to spill brake fluid over my front calipers and the paint is now bubbled. They are sending pics to Ford now that I cracked it at them. Surely this is a dealership problem as it was their mechanics that stuffed up.

Then comes the next drama. Diff clunk. They just replaced the IRS bushes and now I have a horrible whine that was not there before. Shudders through the whole car decelerating from 60 and lower. If that wasn't bad enough, I was in a 40k zone today, sudden clunk and rattle from the back end... saw something kick up from behind my car. I stop and go back for a look... Its a bolt from somewhere. Definatly from my car.

Am I asking too much from my dealership to repair my car correctly? Without adding to my troubles?

• iTs alL DaRDy........
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 17d

mate your crazy getting A dealer to service your car take it to a mechanical workshop with a good rep and not just kids running around.

:innocent: NOT

wow, name and shame unless they sort it ASAP. Check your wheel nuts too mate

No name and shame till I've exhausted actually talking with the service manager. And they have been pretty good up till now. Going to take it back tomorrow, with the bolt, and see how they go.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 15d

I totally agree, that's what I meant with my post. in all seriousness though, check your wheek nuts to make sure they are all there and tight, loose nuts can cause the vibration on decel

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 3d

It once took a dealer in Canberra three days to remove my IRS and replace the diff bush. Then I had to get it done again not long after I came back to Adelaide as it wasnt done right and had prematurely flogged out the suspension bushes (Ford's own assessment).

I've always said that Ford make some great cars, but it's the aftersales experience and servicing that the can let the show down (and determines whether you buy that brand again). The simple fact is that there's no guarantee of experienced hands (or even a care factor) being applied to your car.

Personally, I alternate between Ford and the workshop of my choice. Ford do the major services, the workshop does the intermediate (so the car gets serviced every 7500km). Of course, that puts me at risk of each party blaming the other for anything that goes wrong.....

Took it in today. New diff on order.

Like I said previously. I have had nothing but joy from them so far. Just the last few weeks of what seems to be poor service. I took the mech for the spin and he agreed that the whine was crazy loud, and not just me being picky.

I'll still reserve judgement until after the brake caliper issue is resolved. I doub't Ford is going to replace it if its a tradesmen error. So I can see it falling back on the service department to make good on it.