How Do You Drive These Things?

geobar

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 2d

Hey Guys,

Owned my BF XR6T ZF6 for about a month now, it was stock when I got her but did the Flash Tuner, K&N Panel Filter and Injectors within the first week, has about 290rwkw as seen HERE

I would be interested to know of guys who have came out of STi's (basically any high powered AWD) then come into a XR6T, how do you find driving these things!! One of my most fastest cars I have owned before this was an SMW (Southern Motor Works) built 02 STI, which had 350kwatw running 11's in full street trim and tyres, I could drive this car every day taking it easy or flat out and I was in total control of her, and had tons of grip!!! The XR6T is a GREAT car, and very very easy to get power out of, but the problem comes to getting that power to the ground and keeping her straight :stickpoke:

Tonight for example being a cold night she is running her best, just cruising, lights go green I was turning right, easy on the pedal, kind of a sweeper right hander, hits 3,000 rpm next thing I know DSC was correct her back up straight as she stepped out once again!!.. hehe good times though she just loves stepping out of line!! Even on a straight line, taking off a little harder, but not Flat out, she start to fish then DSC pulls her back in line.....

This is also my first performance car in an Auto, and I'm also finding it hard to get used to that as well, I know you can drive it manual mode, but there are times in performance mode when you think it will hold the gear a little longer and it decides to upshift. I also think these would have been great with paddle shift!! then you could be manual mode with both hands on the wheels and using the paddles to down and up shift...

So yeah would be good to hear from other AWD owners and how you went from AWD to RWD :pinch:

George

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 18d

A bit of respect with the right foot helps a lot with these cars.

I've always had big power rear drivers so it's not really something I think about a lot.

• You are a dead set goose
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 28d

You shoulda bought a manual :stickpoke: The only thing you can do is control the throttle and upgrade to some good tyres if you don't like the rears spinning...?

EDIT: God damnit that duck is so cool! I want one!

Edited by R-SPEC

• Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 18d
EDIT: God damnit that duck is so cool! I want one!

Hahaha mate you will live to regret it. :stickpoke:

• Member For: 17y 6m 7d

350kwatw is a sh*t load of power more so on a southern motor works dyno , ive got a mate with with a wrx that's had nearly every part changed engine wise done there and only has 250kwatw so if you dont mind me asking what was done to yours ? had my car on the dyno down there last night 10psi tune done from cv to check some problems came up 267kwatw smw 230 , and found the problem it was cv tune related maxed out injectors high in the rev range not to add running to rich between about 2500rpm up untill 4000rpm fillling my plugs up with sh*t needless to say retune time I think and ill be going to smw mates been using him for years and seems happy with the work

Edited by trevs

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 2d
350kwatw is a sh*t load of power more so on a southern motor works dyno , ive got a mate with with a wrx that's had nearly every part changed engine wise done there and only has 250kwatw so if you dont mind me asking what was done to yours ? had my car on the dyno down there last night 10psi tune done from cv to check some problems came up 267kwatw smw 230 , and found the problem it was cv tune related maxed out injectors high in the rev range not to add running to rich between about 2500rpm up untill 4000rpm fillling my plugs up with sh*t needless to say retune time I think and ill be going to smw mates been using him for years and seems happy with the work

Hey Trev,

Yeah you can pretty much say the same thing was done to my car, allot of SMW's development work was done with my engine, it was one of the most powerful EJ25 engines they had done, Jason even upgraded his dyno with more diagnostics tools to help with the tuning of my car. Next time you see Jason, ask him about Big George's Black STi from sydney, and he will have a laugh, and say I was crazy... I first went to him and he built me a pretty solid EJ25 with 220kwatw and within a week I was back and wanted more power, so we went all out, EJ25 built to the $h!t house, GT30/40 turbo wound right up 28psi, and C16 Fuel. Kevin from process west also helped out allot!! I rememeber I used to take out some of his customers when I was down there, and they would come back white knukled and white faced..lol It was a great car!!!!! Trev if you like to know more PM me.

So yeah, even with all that power, the STi always gripped the road the no problems!!

George

Edited by geobar

• Member For: 17y 6m 7d

cheers dude jason seems like a good bloke no bullsh*t tuning plus with process west next door cheaper parts ill be getting my work done there from now on within the next 2 or 3 weeks when I can get some time off work since he needs the car for a few days