Fg F6 Test Drive

turbocorty

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4d

Hi

I took qn FG F6 for a drive today and was shocked at the amount of wheel spin / lack of traction.

Anyway, with slicks and a good driver this animal would run 12.5 to 12.7 quaters in stock trim!

I loved it.

WIll the boss let me upgrade???

cheers

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 21y 28d

I kind of like it - the traction/stability control lets you have a bit of fun but still keeps things in line. Mine nearly got away from me the first time I put the boot in because I wasn't ready for it but I'm getting used it to it.

I liked it to drive, titan ford have got a white F6 in as stock, so it there for test drives wa people.

to drive. the throttle is very responsive, much more then the bf's. so when you first press the peddle it feels fast. few more runs and it feels responsive down to throttle sensitivity. at low throttle you get plenty of go but not much more foot flat.

still not to shabby for a stocker, there is quite a bit of bov flutter as well.

seating position feels more under the dash. you feel more sat in it then on it. although I think this might be because the centre console and dash is higher rather then the seat lower. in saying that my knees where a lot closer to the dash.

still don't like the raccoon thing but it here now so eh.

in a quick spin around the block these are my main observations, it aint to shabby and despite my whinging in other threads that I expected more, it is a still a step up on the bf f6.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 25d
Hi

I took qn FG F6 for a drive today and was shocked at the amount of wheel spin / lack of traction.

Anyway, with slicks and a good driver this animal would run 12.5 to 12.7 quaters in stock trim!

I loved it.

WIll the boss let me upgrade???

cheers

Was this a manual?

I don't think FPV have much of a clue about setting these cars up correctly - the suspension/handling is still crap and IMO dangerous for a car with this much grunt. Also the crappy Dunlops don't help.

Edited by Evil F6

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4d

hi Chris,

I LIKE IT !!!

The auto sux....but I am a manual man.

The car I drove was an auto, and on a couple of hard starts all the electronics got confused...I floor the gas at 20k's, boost kicks in and wheelspin starts instantly, traction control stops the car from steping out to the left, power comes back on together with wheel spin, traction stops it from steping out too far to the right, transmission desides to change gears during the mayhem, car makes some strange driveline noises, now its bogged for a second, again another noise from derive train and power back on and were flying agan!

All this put me of the Auto.

The car has so much power for the tyre size, that it feels like the motor is trying to rip its arse apart when traction control engages.

Don't read this the wrong way, I fxxin love it! More power the better, but I think Ford have gone too far with it.

I would get one in an instant, but it must be a manual!

Cheers

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 11m 22d

Interesting... I have ordered an auto.. pick it up next week (I hope) will give feedback when i get it..

• Banned
  • Member For: 16y 5m
hi Chris,

I LIKE IT !!!

The auto sux....but I am a manual man.

The car I drove was an auto, and on a couple of hard starts all the electronics got confused...I floor the gas at 20k's, boost kicks in and wheelspin starts instantly, traction control stops the car from steping out to the left, power comes back on together with wheel spin, traction stops it from steping out too far to the right, transmission desides to change gears during the mayhem, car makes some strange driveline noises, now its bogged for a second, again another noise from derive train and power back on and were flying agan!

All this put me of the Auto.

The car has so much power for the tyre size, that it feels like the motor is trying to rip its arse apart when traction control engages.

Don't read this the wrong way, I fxxin love it! More power the better, but I think Ford have gone too far with it.

I would get one in an instant, but it must be a manual!

Cheers

turn the trac off and drive it like you stole it.

works every time :blink:

Edited by rspecf6