Ba Mkii Shockwave Paint Problems

SubJimbo

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 5m 8d

how are they goin with your car mate

my friends 05 ute has started to do the same paint is coming off everywhere ,I'm tryin to tell him to go hard at them because they are talkin about just doin the affected areas at the moment ,wich means he'll be back there in 6 mnths to get the other bits they don't respray fixed .

did they hesitate in respraying the whole car or did they just offer to do the lot

cheers

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ŠύЂפֿĺmβø ™
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 4d

Hey mate,

I assume all is going well, It's almost been 3 weeks now, Hopefully not too much longer!

I got my rental car (A Hyundai Sonata) after a few arguments with the d*ickhead from Hertz up my way. I had a call to pick up the car at 2pm on the Tuesday, And had to pick it up between 3 and 5. But I couldn't make it because I had a job interview. I popped in on the Wednesday morning, To have the t*ss there having a go at me for not picking it up the day before, because he has now already hired it out (I was susposed to get a little compact car..).

Anyways, After his crapping on, He had two phone calls in the time my and my mum were there, for both, He told whoever was on the other side 'Stupid customers were supposed to pick up the car yesterday but they just came now, Its bloody annoying I know.' I stood there dumbfounded, My mum was going to jump the counter and maul him to say the least. He did it not once, But TWICE. Then came the issues of my being on my P's (Which he also cracked it about) etc etc. We put the car in mums name to save hassles.

Wait till we take it back, Going to have to fix that tool up. He was a total moron.

Anyways,

When I took my car in, They were reluctant to do the whole car, But after some persuasion they agreed, A little bit of a pressure hose in the morning on the affected areas and new areas of the car worked the treat :spoton:

I would be pushing for a Full spray, As you said, The areas they don't spray will come off sooner then later.

Cheers

Jimbo

• ŠύЂפֿĺmβø ™
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 4d

Well guys,

I went into Sheens today (The place where my Cars getting sprayed) , And I can say I'm a VERY happy Chap.. The guys there were great, And the Car looks farkin spectacular. It should be ready by the end of the week, If not then next week.

Pics attached :)

Cheers

Jimbo

post-13987-1224483591_thumb.jpg

post-13987-1224483668_thumb.jpg

post-13987-1224483758_thumb.jpg

post-13987-1224483889_thumb.jpg

post-13987-1224484032_thumb.jpg

post-13987-1224484183_thumb.jpg

post-13987-1224484270_thumb.jpg

• You are a dead set goose
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 5d

Holy sh*t that looks weird! Good to see the rims as still as mint as ever.

Bet you cant wait to get it back mate. Can't wait to see ol' bluey again :blink:

• NOT THERE!... THERE!
  • Member For: 16y 5m 13d

Woah these cars really don't look like much when they're in that state do they!?

Glad to hear the job is being done right mate. In the end that's all that really matters.

And as for the little cocksucker at the rental car joint, I have 3 words...Handbrakies, Linelockers & Airtime.

Use the force luke.

It's like stealing towels from a hotel, they basically expect that sh*t.

• Mad Scientist
  • Member For: 19y 10m 6d

well I took my dad's BF ute into ford today as the paint has started to peel, there is a patch on the LHS of the tub, the tailgate, the roof, the bonnet and two bits on the front bumper.

I'm just waiting on the quotes from the panel beaters and our local dealer to contact me again, as this is the second car they've seen with this problem locally. The bloke as ford was pretty good about it all, he just sent me to get some quotes from the panel beaters to send in to him.

• Mad Scientist
  • Member For: 19y 10m 6d

just respraying the affected panels was suggested, but I said BS, spray the whole car, whats to say the untouched ones wont flake in a couple of months as well??