Power Level Reliability

nut161

• Member For: 16y 2m 13d

hi,

im only new to xr6 turbo but not to high powered boosted vehicles. my hobby cars are highly boosted turbo geminis I build myself (no laughter needed).

Ive jsut purchased a 327rwkw mk2 ford turbo ba ute and was wondering if this is a safe power level for a long service life on the engine? I dont drive it about like a mad man but it gets the very odd squirt on the highway no clutchdumps etc jsut footdon at speed etc. form what ive tried researching on these cars this is a managable level of power from the engine and isnt gonna spit a rod out the block????

all I am execting to replace for a fair few kms is the clutch if/when it goes?? its my daily so im very sympathetic to the car.

cheers for any help and I look forward to geting to know alot more about these "sleeper" vehicles hehe

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 23d

over 300 is getting risky for the ba motors, but if you keep good fuel in it and you are sensible you should be right. get it checked by a good tuner just to be safe

• Member For: 16y 2m 13d

hmm how risky?

im happy to get it tuned "safer" to prolong the life of the motor if above 300 isnt safe for a ba motor? its originally been tuned by c&v performance to its current state and I dont plan on doing anything to it as I have my hobby cars to power up and break etc. so safe power is high on mylist with this car.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 23d

The lads at CV know how to tune these things man, there's no dramas there. Just don't bash it into the limiter on a daily basis and fill it up with 98 octane fuel always and you should be right

• cj_ak
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 30d

Yeah that's right. Con is great at tuning these things to perfection and will always allow for a 'buffer' before it becomes a hand grenade.

reckon you should take it to him and get his opinion...