Age Of Fpv Owners

CJF077

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 18d
Robbo, move to WA. I'm 18 and although I have a loan on my F6, I laid down a significant portion of the purchase price when I brought it. I also have just about enough cash to pay it out if need be...

I agree though, play safe people :spoton:

Take my hat off to ya mate

Your a lucky farker

Now go and learn to drive them legally. Think you can all drive? news just in, you cant as well as you think. People barely off their Ps are not ready for 300rwkw.Simple

Play safe people :spoton:

:stupid:

Next question

How the fark can a 20yo afford a new F6

Bit of a generalisation there guys... I know a few 18, 19, 20y/o guys/gals with hipo cars & they drive just as sensibly as the next person. They go to the track & do the right thing.

Bandwagon spec like Today Tonight with the whole HOON fiasco.

• Member For: 16y 1m 2d

Buf-Phoon: I agree that a lot of young guys need to learn to take it easy and realise theres a time and a place for driving hard and they generally arent as good as they think.

BUT

Being older doesnt prepare you for more power, when I picked my T up I was a lot more comfortable with the power and acceleration (im 23 and have had a turbo pulsar for a few years) than my old man in his 50s was. Actually being older doesnt necessarily make you a better road user either but lets not get into that.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 4d

What I stated, as Dean pointed out was a generalisation, so by default that would suggest that generally speaking most young guys are not prepared or experienced enough for 330+atw. Nor are some of the oldies experienced with new found power either

I don't think 90% of the population (both young & old) are necessarily 'ready' for 330rwkw if they haven't progressively built up to it. It's a learning curve that everyone needs to follow, regardless of age/gender/religious beliefs/colour of underwear imo :blush:

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 9m 24d

:outahere:

That's why I did my upgrades gradually. Started out with just an edit then few months down the track got injectors and so on, kept increasing the power until it got to the stage it is now.

• Member For: 16y 5m 26d

hey guys

I was 19 when I got my bf typhoon I'm 20 now I agree I think there is a bit to much generalistaion to young people with powerful cars mine makes alot of power and I'm not allowed to drive it in vic so I haven't it sits in my garage as I work on it until I am off my p plates prefer to do that than to get caught under hoon laws