tig

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 16y 7d

I had an EGR fitted from new on my FG xr6t with sports bars and spoiler. I had to take it back to them 4 times in two weeks to have it adjusted. At one stage I could not even get in the back at all and ford told me to book it in? It also was sitting up on the left back but it seems to be alright now. Took two people in the tub and one bloke outside the tub to get it right.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 17d

Crikey stu, its not rocket science to fit a lid. So long as it is alright now I guess, just frustrating having to take it back so many times mate.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 7d

:spoton: Got home tonight to find my EGR ute lid with sports bars and spoiler is again sitting up at the left back! This will be the fith time I have taken it back to get adjusted. It has shifted all by itself you can tell straight away because the gaps change. Now it is not catching on the left side and rattles when you go over bumps!! Its like a dick in a shirt sleeve!

I only use this ute for fun I would hate to actualy use it for work, I reckon I would spend my whole life back at Jeff Wignal Ford!

I ordered everything on this car Luxury pack, sat nav. tint, ipod, bluetooth,nitro metalic paint even XR scuff plates and it should be a pleasure to own but all I realy bought was a $48,000 fantastic engine and they through in a crappy ute with it.

Is anyone having trouble with there lid and diff? Is everybody happy with there ute?

post-31442-1222248997_thumb.jpg

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d

No probs with the lid on my BF, but it is only a single piece setup. Is yours mounted with a full hinge or a half hinge as illustrated in this thread?

And what diff dramas have you got? Mine's just about f'ed after 50 thousand...sounds like an a old truck at 95km/h :spoton:

• Member For: 16y 2m 30d

I feel for u stu-e what a pain in the ass. I have the one piece hard top so at the moment its ok But will be keeping an eye on it

• 4 months later...
  • Jamie
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 16d

Ive got the new fg and I got a roller shutter lid from Manufactured Alloy Xtras.

It seems to be leaking water quiet alot inside and that's only when its sprinkling. Does anybody else have this kind of problem because its pretty important no water gets into the tray at all

post-33871-1234838905_thumb.jpg

Edited by Power Vision Sound

• 8 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 4m 30d

Thanks for that. The new Fg egr lid has two hinges. I will be taking it back again for the fith time after I ring customer care! The diff is noisy at 100-110.

Cheers stu-e

I bought a new FG ute with a hard cover from Winford Ford, the lock has failed twice and the bolts to the gas struts snapped, I spoke to EGR in QLD and they sent me new bolts and told me that when the covers are fitted by Ford they dont tap the thread properly and the bolts snap. Also becareful about buying these covers because Ford WILL NOT honour the warranty. You must take the cover back to the selling dealer for warranty work any other Ford dealer will not fix them. I bought my ute from a dealer two hours away and I have to travel back and forth to have it fixed each time.

• Member For: 17y 8m 12d

I use an electric roller shutter style lid from QUIG Tonneau. Fully automatic and takes up bugger all room in the tray.

No leaks either despite heavy rain.

Outback 4wd World in Bayswater fit them if anyone is interested.

Edited by tt6g72