*urgent* Good Price For A T?

NVT

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 25d

*nods head*

Yeah there was a contract. I've still got a copy. It was based on if my girlfriend and I BOTH liked the car. I emailed him and said we're still not too sure, and then the next day it was sold... :roflmbo:

Oh well...

I guess right now I'm after something relatively cheap and you can't even get an NA for that price. T's with between 100 and 150 go for between $18 and 25 or thereabouts...

I'm not going to mod the crap out of it. So maybe just getting it running well is all I'd do.

Cheers,

Dan

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members

Just thinking...

How much would a rebuild cost if I had it rebuilt to factory specs? (Maybe with stronger rods, valve springs...?)

Or would I be better off buying a recond/maybe a written off BF motor?

And if I wanted a new turbo - Factory turbo or something else?

I'm just trying to gauge $$$ here.

Cheers,

Dan

• Member For: 17y 10m 30d

man,

you don't need a rebuild.

go check out the car and see how the tranny goes and how the diff sounds

and MAKE SURE you get a comp. test done.

Also rip the pipe off the turbo and inspect the shaft play and the blades.

If something blows then fix it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 17d

Having owned a performance car (WRX) with 180K kms on the clock (and thrashed ones at that!), as the car got older it started to need more work. Performance car or not, its got 200K kms worth of wear and tear. It'll be tired. Not such a problem if you get it for dirt cheap and the car is in good nick of course.

However, if your genuinely happy to spend money fixing problems, it'll be cheaper in the long run to keep saving and buy a BF or even a modded BA. Might be cheaper on paper to buy a cheap car and have money to fix it but I doubt it'll end up like that.

Deano also hit the nail on the head in regard to resale. It took me 9 months to sell my WRX due to the kms / age thing. Again its not so bad if your happy to sell it in a year or two for 7-8K, but if you want to get a bit more money back and sell it quicker, a newer car will be better.

If you're struggling to actually get into a T then maybe you should just hold off for a little while?

Maintenence & running costs of a performance car are high at the best of times but hopping into something that's done so many kms is surely going to increase those costs!

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members

Yeah I know guys...

But Even a decent BA will set me back about $23K +++

If I can get this for say, 11's, then it won't cost me 12g to get it up to the level of a low KM BA.

What about a new turbo, rebuild, new suspension, new tyres. 5k? 10K for a decent rebuild and everything else...?

Cheers guys,

Dan

...And the rest.

Engine would be pushing $5k, suspension another $2k, turbo $1 - $2k, tranny ???, tyres $1k+

$23k for a BA is a bit far fetched now as well. You'd get something pretty special for that or a BF I if you look hard enough.

I just picked up an '08 delivered BF II Phoon with bugger all kms, leather, dual zone c/c, brembos etc for $41k onroad so there is deals to be had :spoton:

• Member For: 16y 1m 10d

yer u can get ba's alot cheaper then 23k.... I got mine for $16500... I am the second owner of it and I got it off this old guy who drove it back and forth from toowoomba and brisbane each week... it had 120 000kms on it but it still runs fine...

• Banned
  • Member For: 16y 8m 6d
Yeah I know guys...

But Even a decent BA will set me back about $23K +++

If I can get this for say, 11's, then it won't cost me 12g to get it up to the level of a low KM BA.

What about a new turbo, rebuild, new suspension, new tyres. 5k? 10K for a decent rebuild and everything else...?

Cheers guys,

Dan

new turbo from turbo tech is 2800, engine would be all off 7k fitted it all adds up, ba's here have been going for 13 to 17 grand in the paper

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 28d
new turbo from turbo tech is 2800, engine would be all off 7k fitted it all adds up, ba's here have been going for 13 to 17 grand in the paper

Got my BF 07/06 black two days ago and couldn't be happier, paid $19000 for it. :thumbsup:

Drives perfectly.......still has a one year warranty, getting ford to fix my blown subwoofer and fix the clunk in the front end for free!!!!! :laughing: Yippie!!!