*urgent* Good Price For A T?

NVT

• Member For: 18y 26d

It's not thrashing that's the issue (which is not as common as many people suspect). Most of the the time the cars generally cruise around.

While most Ts will cop a flog from time to time, owners tend to treat the car with a bit of respect, warm them up, etc.

It becomes a problem when they get a trashing from stone cold. Quite often the cars will sit still for a while, then get caned from first start-up when there is a call out. Or gearbox and driveline abuse where the cars are reved in neutral then slammed into drive, or to and from reverse without a care in the world. These things are likely to cause issues with the car later down the track, and almost impossible to check for, and the problems caused are likely to end up costing way more than the savings in buying an ex chaser in the begining.

You may get lucky, but I'm never that lucky. I's always end up with a dunger.

What amazes me, is that when you look after your car, and you try to sell it, every bastard who looks at it tries to pick it apart for every little stone chip or speck of dirt (no matter what the price), but sell an ex cop car or chaser and the buyers are making excuses for the damage!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 20y 2m 10d

I cant imagine a cop car getting to the point of being "stone cold". I would assume that most of them will be driven all the time, day and night and when they are not being driven, they dont cool down enough to say they are stone cold. The turbo cars have a big heat shield over the turbo so even if they left it for a couple of hours whilst they did paperwork in the police station, it would take ages for it to cool down to stone cold.

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 10m
Are they prone to having the wheels spin like that? It seemed very hard to control compared to the V8's I'm used to...(I have owned a number of cars and have driven many high powered cars before - Just not turbo's.)

Dan

When they hit boost they can snap sideways very quickly, even more so when modded.

• Member For: 16y 2m 10d

I bought an ex-chaser a month ago, and after having the front steering rack replaced under warranty (something to do with the steering pump, also replaced) it's running beautifully. It's a BF auto with 48k on it, paid $17,400.

I agree some of the cars will be dogs, if you're unlucky you'll get one that's been mercilessly treated. But get a good one and it's the bargain of the year!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 3d
The Premium brakes are noticeably grippier than your standard XR6T brakes but appart from little things like reverse sensors and the interior light not going on when you open the door the car is pretty much standard.

Try pushing and holding the interior light switch for 5 seconds, if this doesn't fix it Ford can reprogram out the police mode.

• VOTE ROOTSTER 2010
  • Member For: 16y 19d

all the best man I picked up my xr6t with 47k's on the clock im happy with that :) body is in upmost immaculate condition, same with the interior. It drives like new and even still has the new car smell lol. I cant pick out anything wrong with it... instead of the driver side power window switch was a bit faulty and took 6 hits for it to actually work but it got fixed under warranty within minutes

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 25d

Thanks guys,

Yeah, they just seem a lot more unpredictable than say an 8. I must have been 1mm off dead straight and the a** end came flying out like there was no tomorrow. I can't even imagine what it would be like at 300rwkw...

Are they lots more stable in the dry?

This T is going for $22K and I don't think any will come off the price. Our WA cars are ridiculuosly overpriced when compared with the eastern states cars....

I'm going to go back on saturday and hopefully drive it (in the dry) and see what I think...

Thanks gys,

Dan

• Member For: 16y 1m 27d
I bought an ex-chaser a month ago, and after having the front steering rack replaced under warranty (something to do with the steering pump, also replaced) it's running beautifully. It's a BF auto with 48k on it, paid $17,400.

I agree some of the cars will be dogs, if you're unlucky you'll get one that's been mercilessly treated. But get a good one and it's the bargain of the year!

$17,400 for a BF T is a bargain, well done, hope it all goes well. I looked at an ex chaser here in Sa it came over from NSW, 2007 model, with 60k on the clock, it was trashed and put me off, ended up buying an ex company T which looked like it had been looked after, no major problems so far.