Fg F6 310 - Has Anyone Taken Delivery Yet?

paulrozza

• Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Hi Guys, finally picked mine up yesterday. Penko - I know how you feel - I've been waiting four months and was in Queensland on Monday when I finally got the call.

It doesn't yet have 100km on it, but feels very strong and I can relate to what others have said with regards to being very touchy on the throttle and steering wheel adjustment range too low.

At this stage it looks like the fuel cap does not lock either! I may stand corrected once I explore all the detail changes.

Pat, thanks for all the "SIDO where the hell am I's"!

post-8440-1220496115_thumb.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 17y 1m 8d
Good guys at Alto-

Who you buy it from?

Terry, Gavin, Glen???

Both my F6 Rspec, and the Focus ST LV are from Alto...

And about to sent more there way!!!

Hey Smicky

Bought it from Gavin, and I've made the last two hairs on his chrome noggin fallout hassling the poor bugger about delivery. :roflmbo: Good bunch, and I have to say Gavin did a sensational job on the finance. Answered all my questions, got me a discount off the exisiting Ford finance contract I had to pay out and beat all the major banks on rates.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 11m 22d
Hi Guys, finally picked mine up yesterday. Penko - I know how you feel - I've been waiting four months and was in Queensland on Monday when I finally got the call.

It doesn't yet have 100km on it, but feels very strong and I can relate to what others have said with regards to being very touchy on the throttle and steering wheel adjustment range too low.

At this stage it looks like the fuel cap does not lock either! I may stand corrected once I explore all the detail changes.

Very nice mate.. mine should be ready on Tuesday. Can't wait!

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 10m 4d

Looks awesome, enjoy :innocent:

• Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Thanks guys - I am! Involved in Targa West today and the next few - so should get a few kays up.

Tab - that's what I would have thought but even with the car locked for a few minutes - you can just walk up and push the fuel door and it opens??????

Well, well, well...it's a miserable day in Sydney, about 14 degrees and pissing down...but I'm smiling! :hmmm:

I just got a call from Gavin at Alto...the F6 is on a truck on it's way to the dealership, I'm picking it up at 4PM!!! :blink:

I can't really believe it...it's been the best part of 4 months and it's finally here.

Couldn't have asked for a worse day to get behind the wheel of a 310Kw weapon...think I might have to extend the training wheels for the next couple of days.

I'll be sure to post some pics later on tonight.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 11m 22d

Awesome mate. Cant wait to see some pics! Congrats! The next 4 1/2 hours are going to be the longest hours of your life..

O.K - guilty of getting 'stuck behind the wheel!'

Picked the F6 up on Friday night from Alto, and have barely left the drivers seat since. Beautiful weather for it too...pouring with rain Friday and all day Saturday, so what better time to get a black car filthy (hence the lack of pictures - must clean crap off, black and shows EVERYTHING). Unleashing 310Kw's after coming out of a stock BA MkII XR6T was something to behold.

I've got to tell you my overall impressions are great (and let's face it - I ordered one of these puppies after sitting in the drivers seat of one of the press cars - I didn't actually take it for a test drive - wasn't allowed! :dontknow: ). Quite a smooth & sticky ride (considering the Dunlops), plenty of power (it's like 'squeeeeeeeze the trigger boy...don't pull it!), Ford's upgraded ICC is a lot better than past models, bluetooth with the iPhone and seperate iPod integration (had to make sure something was playing on the iPod before the car recognised it?!?!) are brilliant.

Can understand the questions that have been raised here lately about the lack of decent side-bolsters on the F6 seats - you do tend to lean through corners and slide a little on the seat. Got to drive it in the dry on Sunday and today, and it's a smooth and silky thing!!! Anyone that's yet to take delivery - you are in for a treat!

All in all - definitely worth the wait, grinning from ear to ear...cheers Ford and FPV - you've produced a winner!!! :icon_ford:

By the way...the pics are coming...gotta get camera...clean car...stop driving!!!