How Cheap Are The Chasers Going!

boost69

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 5d

Quite hilarious how the member that’s almost worn out the report button on everyone else’s posts whinges about moderation himself!

:spoton:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 2m 10d

ahem... back on topic :beerchug:

Had the inspection done on the weekend and as expected.. she's jumped a couple of kerbs in her life. Bit of scraping on the underbody and front and rear bumpers had been replaced. The rear diff had also been replaced by Ford at some point and they forgot/were too lazy to reattach the balancing weights on the tailshaft... cue funny vibration at high speed. The front suspension is also a bit noisy, but both of these should be done by Ford under warranty. OItherwise mechanically fine except for a disk that needs machining. No bog/bent body parts which was a nice surprise, so provided Ford fix the job they stuffed up originally I should only have to shell out $400-odd for minor repairs.

Now off to argue with Ford about the warranty.

• Member For: 16y 11m 14d

As per a previous post, I bought an ex chaser years ago and it was in immaculate condition.. These days they seem to be getting worse?

I dont theink the engine and gearbox will be too worried at their style of driving but its the little things... Im an immaculate man myself, im sure many on here are as well. I dont care about the price.

In saying that Id say if you could find a ex copper that was somehow cared for (a miracle) it would be excellent buying.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 3m 26d

Risky business buyin the ex-police cars dudes I would steer well clear.

Driven almost round the clock... see something you wanna chase or someone you wanna talk to then pop a ue and foot too the floor... not to mention if the sh*t hits the fan somewhere then go out and get into a stone cold turbo start it up and sit on 140 the whole way where ever your going... there a tool and are used as such... There cleaned and serviced regularly... but there still thrashed every day cuz that's what there for...

My 2c.

• Member For: 16y 11m 6d

I think its just pot luck in what you find, some might have had a thrashing and others havent. The thing is that unless there is visual evidence you'll never know, I wouldnt buy one unless it was dirt cheap and too good to refuse.