How Cheap Are The Chasers Going!

boost69

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• F6 Phoon ----- MISH!!
  • Member For: 17y 7m 9d

I used to have a BA undercover car car, was a bit rough but it was owned by people before I bought after the cops owned it, I paid bugger all for it so I didnt really mind

My mate just bought a BF2 Ex undercover its is clean as, there isnt a mark on it, feels like a new car in an out, paif early 20s for it, there are good an bad ones in the bunch, his ex cop car is immaculate, doesnt have a squeek or anything so nice, gbox is sweet as love the 6sp.

Just dont buy it cause its cheap, look around there are a few around.

• Member For: 16y 11m 6d

I had a look around Fowles last year with a mate and stumbled across a ex chaser

and it looked like it was used as a paddock basher. The interior had rips and holes

in it and the exterior didnt look any better.

• Member For: 17y 10m 30d

the first one was not too bad.. sold for 21.250 a young guy got it and ended up paying too much for it.

we didnt stick around for the other one but we looked at it and the interior was a complete mess. holes behind the doors where arials had been and bad cuts/scratches in the dash..

the mercedes clk430 convertible sold for 26k.. very fkn cheap!

• Member For: 18y 26d
I think the problem isn't so much the thrashing of car itself, im mean who on this forum doesn't punish their car a bit?

its more the interior and exterior finish, like hulk said. crap paint, worse interior, and no doubt countless kerb hops!

The thrashing becomes a problem when they start em up cold and thrash them, then turn em straight off after a big thrash too.

Turbos aren't very well suited to general Police use where the car is needed to be hammered upon request, regardless of weather it's warmed up or not. They also need to be able to hammer to a job and shut the car off instantly.

No care needed, they're just a tool of the trade that only has to last 40,000ks. I'd never touch one in a million years.

I've also heard that T and V8 cop cars are going to be a thing of the past, with the Govt opting to have noting larger than NA 6s dur to fuel costs and envirpnmental reasons. At least crooks won't have to try so hard to get away now.