How Cheap Are The Chasers Going!

boost69

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 11m 14d

A mate of mine bought a ex-copper 2006 BF Mk2 XR6T with 59,000km for $18,000. He was going to buy my BA (which is now sold) but he thought it was too expensive.

He brought it around on Saturday. Far out, its an ex copper, the paintwork is just horrible. Maybe im too picky but im sure everyone on this forum is about quality and mint condition cars. The ex-copper has Scratches from pillar to post, here and there on the body, front bar has marks all over it, rear spoiler has marks on it, front seat is frayed from big arse coppers getting in and out of it, dash is scratched. roof is a mess. The drivers door handle hardly works. I took it for a drive, it went well in a straight line but there was some funny noises in the front suspension, (those coppers must have hit some medium strips at pace.)

He thinks he got a great deal and tried to say "see yours was too dear in price." But its like comparing apples with oranges. Thoses coppers must really thrash those cars, my neighbour has a old magna 92 model with 250,000km in better condition that that ex copper XR6T.

No point paying $18k for a lump of crap, id rather buy my BA for even $35k before I bought that car. shocking condition

Edited by hulk xr6t

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 7d

I think the problem isn't so much the thrashing of car itself, im mean who on this forum doesn't punish their car a bit?

its more the interior and exterior finish, like hulk said. crap paint, worse interior, and no doubt countless kerb hops!

• Member For: 17y 10m 30d

just the luck of the draw I guess.

my mate picked up one with 50,000k black 06 bf mk2 turbo from auctions for 18.5k with premium sound. body is immaculate.. only fault is small scratches under front bad which im sure 90% of t's have.

personally I would never buy an xchaser.. but for thoose wanting to spend 25k on a T. why not get one for 17 and spend 8 on mods and run consistent 11s..