FG-New Xr6t Ute

monza1414

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 17d

Amazing the difference lighting makes. Noticed mine (EGO) looks brilliant in the sun. Your impressions same as mine spooner after also owning a BA. Difference between the two is chalk and cheese for finish and refinement. Colour looks good to me, in any case it doesn't matter a razoo what anybody else thinks of the colour choices we make, at the end of the day we pick the colours we like .

Cheers mate

:beerchug:

• Member For: 16y 2m 9d

Hi Bobo mate,

For me is as a good as I can get off the shelf with no mods needed , for a 45 year old Aussie muscle car life long head like me , had em all , but those days are gone, this is now, and this car gets my pulse racing even through I dont drive like a Dhead , and have to keep my licence as is my job , driving BD's and semi's.

Been many, many years since Ive felt the thrill inside me, for a bog stock car , knowing what it it will do , when you want to, with no effort involved ,

Has a worked V8 only man , and 1st turbo ever , is a revelation to me , straight outta the box :beerchug:

I must admit , as I saw turbos P-Plater stuff, big exhausts, big stupid noises , no real gains other than looking silly , that's what happens as you get older , lol.

The only good working turbo stock car I have seen is the VL commodore, and they went like stink and blew everyone ayway, shows my age hey :)

Hi Tigwelder,

Your spot on mate ,is 2 different worlds between the BA/BF , no one will realise the difference unless they get one.

that's the most pleasing thing for me as I was glad to get out of the BA quick into the FG and work a reasonable deal whilst I can.

The interior quality was completly utterly crap taxi pieces etc included for a $40k unit , the FG interior shows they lifted their game .

Is a completey differnet new car the FG, even though it looks similar and people think its just a facelift model ,it aint mate .

Ford done well .

Just hope they sell for them :)

Chalk and Cheese , I was never happy with the BA for the amount of money paid for it new, was like a reacharound fairy floss makeup :(

This is truly different and exciting for the soul :)

Edited by spooner

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d

Love your work Spooner....making the "wait for another six months before trading" thing harder and harder after reading how happy you bastards are! :omg:

Hi Tab,

Is all about cutting your losses , while your tax breaks still cut in for the 3 years depreciation , to even it out , If you dont or cant ,then you behind the game.

I couldnt get $20 k private for my 2005 BA MkII Ute 50 thou klms Immac. after 4 months trying to sell private. No one wants to buy them unless from a dealer on finance for 5 k + or more.

Got $25k as a trade on paper on a FGT , by my local dealer , just to work a deal on the new model, have to wait though, well worth it , My BA was $40k new, busted them down to $36K , less GST rebate ,and tax breaks over the last few years owed me around $27k paid all up.

I can live with that .

Or to put it another way at a 40k pricetag the BA left me Bitterly Dissapointed and feeling ripped off

The FG at 46k with all the fruit 3 years later on , for 6k more with all the improvements a bargain :)

Edited by spooner

Took it for its 1st run, Vic country, wet , windy , dirt roads included, truly a massive improvement over my BA 8 II , in terms of road holding ability, effortless low down seamless power curve, sharp handling , made for very enjoyable driving in slippery conditions and proved its worth to me. I wouldnt have thought so as still a bit gun shy from the BA8 bad handling power delivery antics.

Truly Superb Ride , Handling and Traction :diggit:

Only thing I could fault is seats give you a numb bum after 250k's .

Small price to pay, lol . Cant wait till its run in .

Much better than I throught it would be , though needs a wash now , Is really a good stable thing which is all I wanted so im very happy , forgetting about the power output as im running it in ,but drives real fast real smooth in slippery conditons , with no effort involved and feels like it wants to stay on the road ,unlike my BA

Thumbs Up so far :nyaah:

post-16259-1220167832_thumb.jpg

post-16259-1220167880_thumb.jpg

post-16259-1220167934_thumb.jpg