FG-New Xr6t Ute

monza1414

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d

Nice Boog :blink:

I live in Brisbane and headed down to Southport Spit today for a cruise...

Did you see the cops there giving all the ricers a hard time....made my day watching them all sh*t themselves trying to get out again :stupid:

• Member For: 16y 2m 9d

I would say for me anyway the Best new car ive ever bought , without dissapointment . When you have bought one in the past and feel ripped off when you realise it isnt what you thought you were told that it would be :blink:

Forgetting the HP/KW/ 1/4 mile times /fuel economy /pop off value/ dump pipe angle/lack of LED lights or racing stripes and decals etc, leave that to the youngsters to fat up over. :stupid:

I like it stock as it is and will do me just fine .

post-16259-1220924925_thumb.jpg

Edited by spooner

I promised myself I would post as soon as I got my Ute (that was 5 weeks ago) but I have more fun driving it than writing about it and after 5 weeks the feedback should be more meaningful (excuses excuses).

White xr6t ute m6 lux pack with wheels downgraded to 18"

The good.

*Fuel Economy: I can get in the 10L/100 driving mainly Windsor rd to and from work with a bit of city driving IF (a big IF) I can feather that accelerator. but even then I rarely see the avg over 13.

*Power: wow!! sure 270kw is good- as it is in the VE SS - but that low down torque is awesome, overtaking in 4th gives a sensation that isn't attainable in the v8's (and I love v8s). Mine also squirms in second if using 98ron (just rolling on it) must be karma repaying all the nice things I do ;)

*Interior: Get the luxury pack!!!!!! it is worth it (negotiate and its almost free anyway) Stereo is great even in the ute. The leather seams to stiffen up the seats a bit (compared to cloth). It does feel bigger inside than the ve ss. The dash and cluster is also a big leap forward.

*Handling: for a ute it is great - the back does skip a bit over bumps - its not uncomfortable just a bit livly - I like it better than the better planted sedan. it is also more predictable than the sedan and the comment in BFYB this year that said it was understeery , not true, not at anything under 160kmh from what I can tell. Fact is, it is a very playful car which you could spend alot of time looking out the side window if your that way inclined (only on a private rd of course). LSD is a must on these turbo's (poor g6et)

* The tray is big step up with the tonneau cover and clips.

the bad:

*no auto down on windows

*cup holders in the way of gear stick

*no glove box lock

*slight thrust bearing noise (I think) not bad enough to you.

*driveline/diff backlash (I think) - not to bad and easy to drive around

*Still axel tramps in a straight line in the wet. (no problems sideways )

*front mud spats bottom out alot

side notes:

*Play with your tyre pressures as they change the car to suit your style.

*had a bad washer on the oil pressure sender which was fixed at 3000km (was leaking on the garage floor)

*remove centre muffler as it's toooooo quiet. My centre hotdog is still too quiet.

*18" are fine for the worst roads in Australia (I live on the worst) 19" not so good for rough stuff.

Basically an awesome car that feels much more agile than it should and goes like stink or just cruise in comfort!!!

oh yeah, and I can cary gyprock cement timber motorbikes kayaks and sleep in the back.

now time to enjoy my 40 minute drive home.

BTW: Ford should pay everyone on this forum a commission because it was your posts that pressured me into the “right” decision.

post-16392-1221033549_thumb.jpg

post-16392-1221033584_thumb.jpg

post-16392-1221035453_thumb.jpg

Hi Rockafella,

Spot on mate, My only gripe is the leather seats give me a numb bum after 200klms, maybe im deformed ,lol .

I like the look of the 18" wheels better than the 19"s but couldnt be bothered changing them, they look ok.

Is all good, taking mine to Sandown in 2 weeks, just for a shakedown and rev it up a bit Fun day out :msm:

Just to finish running it in :no:

• Member For: 16y 2m 27d

Picked up my XR6T ute yesterday- been driving it as much as I can! love it!! traction control gets a workout. will get some pics up soon!

Hi Rockafella,

Spot on mate, My only gripe is the leather seats give me a numb bum after 200klms, maybe im deformed ,lol .

I like the look of the 18" wheels better than the 19"s but couldnt be bothered changing them, they look ok.

Is all good, taking mine to Sandown in 2 weeks, just for a shakedown and rev it up a bit Fun day out :laughing:

Just to finish running it in :3gears:

That sounds like fun spooner,

The running in period kept me under control to an extent but now with 4k on the clock I am starting to have a bit of fun and I really should get to a track. Always wanted to have a go at motorkahna- might be a good time now. - I did a search and couldn't find mention of it in this site - do you know if the guys have ever run one?

• Member For: 16y 2m 27d

Well finally took some pics- not the best lighting etc but ill get some better ones done soon, took delivery on tuesday and havent been out of it much since.

post-16091-1221202274_thumb.jpg

post-16091-1221202460_thumb.jpg

post-16091-1221202493_thumb.jpg

Hi Rockafella,

I only got 1100 kl's so far and ready to go flex it a bit ,lol , just for my own fun, I dont know were you live in what state etc, but controlled track day runs are a great way of having fun, It allows you to go as fast as you want , and the cost cheaper than a speeding fine with lunch included.

Seriously they are very well organised, with instructors on hand to help out newbies get relaxed and a great fun day out with no pressure , is all about enjoyment and getting more out of your car ,Ive done them for the last 10 years , once or twice a year.

Excellent Value for Money at $245 bucks .

As the cars new, All I gotta do is fill the tank and pump the tyres up and just cruise along ,each to there own , some like dragging, I like driving.