FG-New Xr6t Ute

monza1414

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Hi EZ,

I probably notice a bigger difference coming from a BA 4 speed than you might from your BF 6 speed however to me it's like chalk and cheese driving the two different cars. yes, the BA has more power than my new one but the FG still feels very quick to me for a standard T really powers up with very little fuss and has a very linear power delivery, very deceiving I reckon as I glanced down at the speedo a couple of times and was going a lot quicker than it seemed. The ride is a lot quieter and smoother than BA I noticed, and the interior(Lux. pak) I dont want to get out of this car, I was saying to a few of my friends prior to picking up the FG that I was considering going full on with mods on this car, however after driving it now I am thinking of probably going for edit/tune (+ maybe minor mods) only as I am so impressed with the performance as it is and dont want to lose the civility of the way it drives (still like to give it a bit of stick at times though). Lke to hear comments from some of you other guys/girls especially BF drivers to compare BF - FG

Cheers, Geoff

I have too agree it seems like you are standing still when you are full throttle the comfort is second to none,very smooth ride,handling they handle alot better than the BA & BF have too admit that when you drive the ute its like driving a luxury sedan very smooth,congratulations on your ride

• Member For: 16y 1m 15d

Heres my baby. Like a couple of other people have said, the anntena is a big disapointment and also have to agree that the badge looks wrong on the try and should be on the skirt.

Should have new wheels by the end of the week going for the F6 Typhoon s in 19" which I hope stops the car from spinning so easy.

cheers

tim

post-23283-1218941548_thumb.jpg

post-23283-1218941585_thumb.jpg

post-23283-1218941606_thumb.jpg

post-23283-1218941622_thumb.jpg

All Very Nice,

I picked up mine on Friday and it's awsome. White M6 XR6t Ute with luxury pack (18' wheels) . So glad I got the manual - probably not as fast over 400m but the feel from in gear acceleration doesn't compare with the Auto.

The torque is awsome, overtaking in 4th is amazing.

I have noticed that sometimes I get more/les power than usual. ie accelerating (roll on the gas in second) on the same bit of road at WOT it might spin (in second remember) and feel faster than other times when it doesn't spin (and feels slightly less fast). This might go some way to explaining the varied performance times.

Grip in crap conditions is great below 1400 rpm (like icy driveways and wet fields). Dirt road grip is also fantastic and while corregations may upset the rear, but not any more than other cars.

Economy is as I'd hoped for. less than 9l/100 avg from Colo - castle hill which includes fairly steep hills and bends. Currently at 12.5 l/100 and that is giving it stick - alot. If I drove the same way in the 5.4 v8 3v I would be expecting over 20 l/100

interior is vely nice. Premium stereo is awsome to use and sound is good (heard some bad reports but mine is great) 6 mp3 cd's = over 1000 songs. and all the settings you can change is also good. Cabin space is huge and bigger than the SS ute - You can fit a 6'5 130kg bloke behind the seats (just ask how I know). Although the arial is not to every ones liking, it certainly works (I live in a marginal area and some cars can't get reception at all) but it was clear as.

The centre dash trip computer is also a big step up - helps to keep inst and avg fuel consumption on as it makes me drive "nicer"

Only problems are no auto down on windows and the steering wheel could go higher (I'm 6'4). Ehaust could be louder but at least I dont piss the neighbours off at 5am.

basically I am one happy camper.

only 1/2 hour until I get to drive home - yay

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m

That's awesome :Welcome2FordXR6t:

In regards to the "more/less power than usual" is this happening at the same time of day as air temp makes a massive difference? Also if you've been giving it a bit of a spirited drive and the old heatsoak settles in it won't have as much grunt.