FG-New Xr6t Ute

monza1414

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d

That's crap....have never had an issue on my utes. Both tinted, but only ever use the AM button to get to the AUX :gtfo2:

• Member For: 21y 4m 26d

Not crap, that the exact reason why. The problem is mostly confined to the city, where reception can drop out around tall buildings. Sedans can do the same to a lesser degree but the ute is more prone to it.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d

Sorry - didn't mean what you are saying is crap, just their reasoning.

Have never had an issue whatsoever and have covered a few miles. Work in the city, it never drops out even as far as three levels underground to my carpark (where there is actually no mobile service).

However - if it is a real issue a retractable side mounted antenna would have been a much better option. But then that would require a bit of thought I guess and it's easier to just drill a hole in the roof and whack the gay looking thing there!

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 14d

The retractable ones cause alot of NVH too, plus they are prone to having motor problems - get stuck halfway etc. I'm not a massive fan of the new aerial, but you don't see it when you are driving

• Member For: 16y 2m 9d

Got a track day at Sandown lined up for a couple of weeks after my ute arrives , just so I can run it in properly.

Hope the brake pads and fluid are up to it , being a auto will feel a bit strange :bangcomputer:

Should be interesting through , bog stock new, lets see what she'll do eh

Im not into drag / street racing that's not my thing , and boring and pointless for me. Unless you can find somewere to give them their head bigger than 400m and to get some corner / braking action , instead of acting like a Dhead bogun in a 60k zone when its been raining , Is Heaven on a Stick :roflmbo:

Got mates in a 08 VE Bogan special ute and 06 Maloo ute coming along so we can have some fun and compare and swap drives to see what happens.

Should be a Fun Day Out for All :spoton:

Will make sure I get some Video action to post later on .

As long as it feels reasonably stable at speed , I'll be happy, and can Tweak it up a bit for finer control from there . HP means nothing unless you can keep it on the road.

I remember the 1st time I got blown away by a VL Turbo , so its Payback time :blush:

post-16259-1218333803_thumb.jpg