Forged Engine Components & Tolerances

HI PSI

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 15d
mate just buy a set of cp pistons and some h-beam rods and your engine builder can easily sort the rest out.

The cp pistons come with a spec sheet that tells you everything you and your machinist need to know for a perfect installation.

My experience with CP at atomic tolerances is not good, noisy as hell :ifiusethisimafag:

I have built a couple of my own engines using Atomic rods and Mahle pistons, paying very close attention to the build tolerances, and though not exactly like stock sounding, they are pretty close.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banned
  • Member For: 17y 3m 30d

yeah right, now I just have to go and feed my flying cops. (no offence to poster) I love a good atomic bashing. and so I should after waisting my hard earned money on his junk. that came recommened.

• Member For: 18y 1m 22d

I would have think that is if you used Atomic parts your result would either be the same or worse than a complete atomic engine. They will give you the specs to use and the result will be the same. It sounds like you should go and get Autotech Engineering or Nizpro to supply you an engine as they seem to have happy customers or you could repeat what other have done and end up with you money in the bin, sounds like Atomic by name Atomic by nature, boom!!!

• Member For: 16y 7m 8d
My experience with CP at atomic tolerances is not good, noisy as hell :stupid:

I have built a couple of my own engines using Atomic rods and Mahle pistons, paying very close attention to the build tolerances, and though not exactly like stock sounding, they are pretty close.

Ive got an atomic short motor that has only done 15,000km and was replaced due to sick of noise in a mates car. Was planning on using block,crank and rods and getting a descent set of pistons for my car. Are these pistons you use the goods and can this be done.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m

I have used the new Mahle pistons in my engine and I'm happy with it, like Ninka said, its not as quiet as stock, but I've heard alot worse forged engines

• Banned
  • Member For: 17y 3m 30d
I would have think that is if you used Atomic parts your result would either be the same or worse than a complete atomic engine. They will give you the specs to use and the result will be the same. It sounds like you should go and get Autotech Engineering or Nizpro to supply you an engine as they seem to have happy customers or you could repeat what other have done and end up with you money in the bin, sounds like Atomic by name Atomic by nature, boom!!!

:fear (5):

Edited by strik9

• Member For: 21y 5m 8d

Nizpro were using Wiseco pistons a little while back, dont know about now. Just get your machinist to set them to the spec sheet. They are a pretty tight clearance for a forged piston. There were issues with earlier CP pistons. Dont know about now

If you do your research properly, dont rush it, have a good machinist and the right tools, you will probably do a better job of most workshops out there who have 15y/o apprentices assembling their engines. But if you are a bit of a cluts then get all the good bits and leave it to the pros for assembly.

• Member For: 18y 1m 22d
Nizpro were using Wiseco pistons a little while back, dont know about now. Just get your machinist to set them to the spec sheet. They are a pretty tight clearance for a forged piston. There were issues with earlier CP pistons. Dont know about now

If you do your research properly, dont rush it, have a good machinist and the right tools, you will probably do a better job of most workshops out there who have 15y/o apprentices assembling their engines. But if you are a bit of a cluts then get all the good bits and leave it to the pros for assembly.

I though Nizpro designed there own and then get them made, they have never said what they used