Most Powerful Xr6 Turbo!?

INFLYT

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruise Control
  • Member For: 17y 9m 28d

Fair enough....I can see how some people would get excited about a low ten second ride in a sedan....

However, just think about what 750 odd kws could do in a T bucket or rear engine dragster.....

750 kws in a car that weighs in about 750kgs comes out at high SIX second passes at over 320kmh :w00t2:

......that's over TWO HUNDRED MILES AN HOUR ....... :stupid:

How many people on this forum can say theyve driven over a double ton?

Im stuffed if I know why noone has put an XR6T engine into of of these things yet... :fool:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2d
why cant they make these things rev then? :stupid:

How a motor revs is dependant on quite a few things but mainly a combination of bore Vs stroke ratio that also takes into account conrod length & piston and conrod weight (plus a few other things)

If I was to build a Barra motor full on I would get forged pistons and conrods made as light as possible, also make the conrods slightly longer while moving the gudgeon pin higher to the crown of the piston to compensate the extra length. As we all know the ability to breath is a big issue so would get the head worked over as much as possible, this would most likely include enlarging the ports and valves while getting lighter valves made at the same time. There is not much that can be done about the stroke length unless you custom make a new crank but that's BIG $$$$$$ but getting a shorter stroke will definetly help the motor rev more. Make a lightweight flywheel and clutch assembly, lighten EVERY rotating mass and hopefully you will have a motor capable of reaching 7500-8000 RPM, possibly more reliably. These are basically the things that we have done to the motor in our sport sedan that has raised the redline of it's motor by 2800 RPM.

• Member For: 17y 8m 20d
Fair enough....I can see how some people would get excited about a low ten second ride in a sedan....

However, just think about what 750 odd kws could do in a T bucket or rear engine dragster.....

750 kws in a car that weighs in about 750kgs comes out at high SIX second passes at over 320kmh :w00t2:

......that's over TWO HUNDRED MILES AN HOUR ....... :3gears:

How many people on this forum can say theyve driven over a double ton?

Im stuffed if I know why noone has put an XR6T engine into of of these things yet... :fool:

I had planned to but one of these motors in a 67 Mustang Fastback but its on the back burner at the moment. I think the fastback is around 1200kg with the V8. Putting in the Turbo motor would be fantastic. Lighter weight car with a heap of power. :spoton:

Edited by IEATV8S

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 10m 2d
How a motor revs is dependant on quite a few things but mainly a combination of bore Vs stroke ratio that also takes into account conrod length & piston and conrod weight (plus a few other things)

If I was to build a Barra motor full on I would get forged pistons and conrods made as light as possible, also make the conrods slightly longer while moving the gudgeon pin higher to the crown of the piston to compensate the extra length. As we all know the ability to breath is a big issue so would get the head worked over as much as possible, this would most likely include enlarging the ports and valves while getting lighter valves made at the same time. There is not much that can be done about the stroke length unless you custom make a new crank but that's BIG $$$$$$ but getting a shorter stroke will definetly help the motor rev more. Make a lightweight flywheel and clutch assembly, lighten EVERY rotating mass and hopefully you will have a motor capable of reaching 7500-8000 RPM, possibly more reliably. These are basically the things that we have done to the motor in our sport sedan that has raised the redline of it's motor by 2800 RPM.

My engine does rev to 7500 revs.

At 7500 rpm your pistons are travelling at 24.83 meters/second (by my calcs), so there is enormous stress on rods and pistons, so these need to be extremely strong. The undersquare bore/stroke configuration doesn't help.

Bad harmonics exist at high revs.

Although I have a billet crank, if Simon (Nizpro) was doing it again he said he would make it heavier, not lighter.

Stock head flows very well at 1000HP levels, so not much to be done.

Block rigidity becomes an issue at higher rpm levels.

Brian

• Legendary member!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 9m 4d
Sounds like to much work hahaha just through a vtec in it yo!

:spoton:

Lol... havent heard that comment since I drove a skyline...

Funny though!

IEATV8S - Sounds like a good project... Would make for a very interesting drive.