Rubber That Will Hold Please

qik1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 25d

yeah I know nick, ive been thinkin long & hard over this one. its been frustratiing me that I cant get power to the ground. im just worried with the trips to cairns that the tyres will s*&t themselves before I can make good use of them. also with the probs of rubbing on guards & so on. I know your right but I need to try it, plus the semis to fit the stock rims start at $500 which is abit rich for things that may not work but I might not have any options if this doesnt work. what are you running to keep your thing under control & how good do they work?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Into the laaaake
  • Member For: 17y 3m 21d

Federal make a semi in a 235/45/R17 with a load index higher then required to fit on a 7.5-8.5in wide rim. These would definatly be cheaper then the 265/35/18's that im getting which are $368ea. Perhaps not far off the $304 that your paying?

http://www.federaltyres.com.au/specs/ss595rs.pdf

me & my impatient bloody head!!! will see how these tyres go & if there no good I guess my tax return will paying for a new set of semis & a nice pair of dunlops will be goin on the front!!! thanks for that brad I would never of found that. will give them a call in the morning for a quote & will let ya know how I go. have already ordered those lops unfortunatley

found the federal web site & they look the part that's for sure I think I might be gettin new tyres all round. doees anyone have an idea on price???

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3d

Bridgestone RE001 is a better tyre from a performance perspective than RE050, and RE-01R (from Bridgestone Motorsport dealers) is a better tyre than both of them. If you want to try other brands I reckon you would also be happy with Falken Azenis RT615.

I really reckon RE-01R is what you want. It is an ultra high performance road tyre that is close to semi slick in performance.

The RE-01R replacement in Japan is RE11 which is supposed to be awesome but not available anywhere in Oz yet.

check out www.federaltyres.com.au/ss595rs & let me know what ya think. im still worried about wear but I want tration. I can feel how quick this car could be if only I could get some bloody traction. got to love the zf & teh turbo hangin off the side of the 4L.

just had a look at the falkens, now that's a mean piece of rubber gonna try & find a price & do some comparison. gonna try & stall off these other tyres if I can & have abit more of a look around & make the right decision first up. I want traction!!!

• Member For: 17y 8m 4d
yeah I know nick, ive been thinkin long & hard over this one. its been frustratiing me that I cant get power to the ground. im just worried with the trips to cairns that the tyres will s*&t themselves before I can make good use of them. also with the probs of rubbing on guards & so on. I know your right but I need to try it, plus the semis to fit the stock rims start at $500 which is abit rich for things that may not work but I might not have any options if this doesnt work. what are you running to keep your thing under control & how good do they work?

I run federal rs595`s dude... who ya think put hanra onto them? :beerchug:

ive done more km`s on these than the dunlops I had before and they still got heaps of meat left on them... im not sure how they would wear on the front though, I only have them on the rear... I paid $390 but as brad has since dicovered, they can be had for around $350 now... it the rears that you will blow quickly coz of wheelspin in first 3 gears... with the semis, it holds in second if you have a nice progressive boost map...