Adding Rca Pre-outs To Icc Guide Is Here

quadie

• Gold Platinum Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 24d

A few of us have had this for a long while now, good to see someone finally do a guide.

Most others didnt want to do a guide because it is a fidley job and will likley cause some people to stuff their ICC's.

• Member For: 16y 6m 24d

URGENT!!!

Went to test my sub and amp today by sitting them outside the car and just wiring it up temporarily all correctly fused blah blah.

When I plugged the amp RCA into the ICC RCA outs the sound stopped coming out of the standard speakers, the display stayed on and the CD kept playing although there was no sound.

I left all my standard speakers plugged into the loom and the only thing I did was borrow the RCA output.

WHY DID MY SOUND STOP?? Should I have my speakers unplugged for each RCA I'm using? or is this a dramatic problem with my handy work?

Edited by MICKAJ

• Into the laaaake
  • Member For: 17y 3m 5d

Why are your speakers still wired up to the ICC? that's the entire idea of running the low level to an amp.

You should have your speakers wired to the speaker outputs on the amp.

The Audio Out IC has a protection cct built into it, perhaps the increased load on the input of the IC caused it to go into protection.

YOU NEED TO HOOK ALL YOUR SPEAKERS UP TO YOUR AMP/s

Yeah, I did it like that because I'm wanted to make sure the RCA outs were working, which is why I temp wired to the amp and sub sitting on the ground outside the car. Just finished footy so I'm gonna take the rear speakers off the factory loom now.

Pray to god my car doesn't go into melt down mode after this.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 16d

Let us know how it goes MICKAJ, I may have to drop in on Quadie for the mod when I'm down that way?

The missus is stealing the car for a sydney trip and I'm a Maitland boy so will be visiting there while she's down.

OK, unplugged all four speakers at the speaker. Still no noise, amp is on, gain turned to full but no noise. I only get thump thump as I plug the RCA's in. So how now do I know if the RCA's are carrying a signal, can I use a multi-meter?

When I soldered the RCA's in was I supposed to cut or disconnect something else?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 15d

PIN 4 IS 5V trigger from the micro pro to wake the audio IC from sleep

6 and 20 have 12 volt feed all the time , not when icc is on.

measure the resistance of the rca from signal(the hole in the plug)to

ground(outside of rca)

also PM sent

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 15d

is the icc in the car still or out , I want to see a pic of the wiring at the board

u shoud get open between the signal and ground

Edited by quadie

• Into the laaaake

that's a bugger about the VCC being constant 12v. Yeah mate as mentioned, check the resistance to ground on the signal wires. Dare say you have a Short there.

• Into the laaaake

I modded my ICC today. Dont have an amp or anything yet. But at least the 1st step is done.

Noticed this in my w/shop manual. Cant say I checked this prior to re-ftting....

Ensure that the Main Audio Self-Aligning Connector is reset. The white centre terminal block should be pulled to its furthermost outer position. A distinctive click will be heard as the connector is reset.

connector.jpg

Edited by hanra