What Car Should I Buy?

EXR6T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 25d
:stickpoke:

I recently got given a company car so now my T is my weekend warrior.

+1

Company cars are great, I highly recommend them...leaves the km's you drive in the T more special

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Into the laaaake
  • Member For: 17y 4m 12d

The prices for those propertys and those views are unreal!

This is what $350p/w gets ya up here: http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsear...p;tm=1213529957

Good luck with it all mate, both those places are really nice!

Edited by hanra

• Member For: 17y 1m 9d
The prices for those propertys and those views are unreal!

This is what $350p/w gets ya up here: http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsear...p;tm=1213529957

Good luck with it all mate, both those places are really nice!

LMAO BUNGALOW!!!!!

f*ck!!! maybe I should just shut my mouth and stop my whinging, if im getting a place like those two for $350 then I think I should just be happy with what ive got (being my T). and hope to god that I get one of the places I have applied for so I dont have to live in a "Bungalow" lol

P.S HANRA YOUR UTE IS HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member For: 17y 7m 6d

I would wait for a bit myself.

Once you are down there and know more about the situation you are in, make a call on what to do. At the moment you are throwing the baby out with the bath water.

My reasoning is as follows:

You might actually spend less on petrol in Tassie. Its a smaller more compact city ( Hobart) in a smaller state. And there is the option to use public transport. Surley this is preferable in the short term to selling your pride and joy.

Your girlfriend might get a job straight away. What line of work does she do at the moment? Would she be willing to take any job first up or would she sit at home until a job that suited her turned up?

When I moved up here I didn't have that luxury. I took a job at Dan Murphies despite the fact that I have a trade and a degree under my belt. It was only for 2 months but it paid the bills until I found something better. Three job moves later and I have a good job in the mining industry that is very rewarding financially. It pays to be humble enough to take a sh*t job sometimes.

If you guys are going to struggle financially ( compared to how you are doing now) because of this move, I think you should be questioning whether it is even a good idea! Why are you moving? Advancement in a company or just a fresh start? How is this going to benefit you if you have to downgrade your car and by the sound of it your standard of living?

If you are still hell bent on selling and buying something smaller, I would go a Subie Imprezza ( not a Rex), maybe a 2000 model or there abouts. AWD would be good for all of those windy Tassie roads, so you can have a bit of fun still!

Edited by craiginmackay

• Into the laaaake
  • Member For: 17y 4m 12d
so I dont have to live in a "Bungalow" lol

that's the name of the suburb, and its full of places like that.......If you wanted those views up here it would be like $800p/w.

Craiginmackay has given some really good advice there.

Thanks for the comments.

Edited by hanra

• Member For: 17y 1m 9d
I would wait for a bit myself.

Once you are down there and know more about the situation you are in, make a call on what to do. At the moment you are throwing the baby out with the bath water.

My reasoning is as follows:

You might actually spend less on petrol in Tassie. Its a smaller more compact city ( Hobart) in a smaller state. And there is the option to use public transport. Surley this is preferable in the short term to selling your pride and joy.

Your girlfriend might get a job straight away. What line of work does she do at the moment? Would she be willing to take any job first up or would she sit at home until a job that suited her turned up?

When I moved up here I didn't have that luxury. I took a job at Dan Murphies despite the fact that I have a trade and a degree under my belt. It was only for 2 months but it paid the bills until I found something better. Three job moves later and I have a good job in the mining industry that is very rewarding financially. It pays to be humble enough to take a sh*t job sometimes.

If you guys are going to struggle financially ( compared to how you are doing now) because of this move, I think you should be questioning whether it is even a good idea! Why are you moving? Advancement in a company or just a fresh start? How is this going to benefit you if you have to downgrade your car and by the sound of it your standard of living?

If you are still hell bent on selling and buying something smaller, I would go a Subie Imprezza ( not a Rex), maybe a 2000 model or there abouts. AWD would be good for all of those windy Tassie roads, so you can have a bit of fun still!

Thanks for the advice Craiginmackay.

I will wait and see how I go with financials so ill take your advice, my GF is studying ATM so she will probably just accept any job and then go from there.

I am moving for advancement in a company so I kind of have to do it if I want a career with the company any time soon.

I am probably doing it a bit easy at the moment, so I might need to learn to budget a bit, it will probably do me some good I think being on a budget for a little while..

but ive tried driving my T softer to get better fuel economy, so for the week that I drove softer I improved my fuel economy by about 2-3lts per 100km. but I must say it was the most boring time ive spent in a car in 6 months, so if im gonna keep my T I may aswell drive it normally.

anyway, thanks again for the advice, I got a flight at 6.30am so im gonna go to bed..

cheers everyone else for talkin me out of selling my T

• Member For: 16y 5m 28d

hrmmm... what about the xr5 turb? perhaps too girly; I dunno Ive never driven one. Or a wrx with the worlds loudest BOV, as long as you dont mind tight shirts and excessive hair gel. Lol.

• Member For: 17y 8m 13d

One of my mates has an XR5 Turbo Focus, man for a small car it gets along great. So if your not into the large car seen then the XR5 Turbo is definitely the chioce for you.

Tony

• THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 18d
You only live once, so you may as well enjoy what you drive :buttrock:

Exaclty wat Zap said. I went through that phase and im very glad I didnt get rid of my car as its my PRIDE AND JOY.