Petition For 24 Hr Foxtel Motorsport Channel

zedman

• Member For: 18y 2m 15d

OFFICIAL PETITION TO FOXTEL/OPTUS TO CREATE A FULL TIME MOTORSPORT CHANNEL

sign here

http://www.autosports.com.au/tvpet/

Due to the overall lack, and now as of 2006, Channel 10's decreasing involvement in televised Motor sport in Australia, AUTOSPORTS and Australian Motor sport fans have decided to host this petition to insist that FOXTEL/OPTUS create a dedicated channel for the basic pay TV viewers, televising motor sport 24 hrs a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. We believe that with the multitude of televised Motor sport both in Australia and overseas, and the vast amounts of footage of historical races from the early days of world and Australian motorsport there should more than enough material to support such a channel.

Ranging from such Motor sport categories as WRC, F1, A1, WTCC, British Touring car racing, Truck racing, MOTO GP, and all other bike racing categories. Not to forget our talents in Sports sedans, Improved Production Cars, Aussie legends, Lotus Trophy, Drags, Hill climbs, off-Road (Borneo, camel trophy etc) Rally, Porsche Cup, Indy cars, stock cars, salt lake racing… the list goes on...

One example of the continual growth of Motor sport in Australia would have to be in the category of Drifting. At a recent even at Oran Park Raceway in Sydney, there was a crowd well in excess of 10,000 people, and this event was organised by word of mouth.

We believe it is currently unfair that both FOXTEL & OPTUS, as an example run a full time dedicated AFL channel which shows games often many years old between two teams where we already know the result, yet Motor sport hardly gets a look in.

If FOXTEL/OPTUS were to run such a dedicated channel they would surely have access to hours of international and local racing footage. Whether new or old, the chance to watch a race or event that may have never been seen before would be fantastic. With the Motor sport calendar only really running for 9 months of the year in most of the major categories, there would be a great opportunity for such a channel to tap into a starving market.

SPONSORSHIP

I am sure that there would not be a problem finding sponsors that would gladly fund such a channel.

Companies like Super cheap Auto, Repco, Oil/Petrol companies, Car manufacturers, Beer and alcohol companies are all examples of companies/industries that currently sponsor free to air Motor sport in all forms.

With less televised motor sport, up and coming talent will find it more difficult to secure sponsorship deals. This money is vital if these young drivers are to get to the top of their respective racing category. With the involvement of a dedicated Motor sport channel there would be a lot more opportunity for young drivers to fund their careers through increased awareness and greater sponsorship opportunities.

Please Join us and have your say by signing our Petition in support of a Full time motor sport channel

http://www.autosports.com.au/tvpet/ <----sign here

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 12d

I am sure I signed that thing like a year ago....

ahhh yes... here we are :)

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...9&hl=foxtel

nope it was 2 years ago!... and still no dedicated foxtel channel to watch the same crap 24hrs a day :(

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 2d

Broom... Zooom... Crash... Beep... Zooom... Broom....

Isn't this why I live in the city?

To look at cars all day long!

hehehe

I'm in... now I dont have to leave the house to see it 24/7!

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 5d
Due to the overall lack, and now as of 2006, Channel 10's decreasing involvement in televised Motor sport in Australia

Incase anyone missed it.... :laughrolling:

Holy Flashback Batman....

woohoo more fricken ad's.... :ifiusethisimafag:

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d

MMM signed... still dark that I have to pay extra for HD!! if it was just for the IQ2 box that's fine.. but grrr ongoing monthly fee's for a handful of channels....

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 12d

I've signed up for the hell of it.

I haven't checked yet, but what is the HD worth, bloody Free to air don't charge you anything extra for HD!

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d

200 bucks for the IQ2 HD unit with 320gb hdd with many outputs (hdmi obvoiusly etc), plus 10 bucks a month ongoing for the unit like IQ.

all here mate ... only 10 channels all up including the FTA stuff..

http://hd.foxtel.com.au/pricing/